GameStop Application Online
GameStop started in Grapevine, Texas in 1984 under Babbage’s entertainment store. It was a fairly popular retail store for American video games and merchandise until it merged with other entertainment brands such as Software Etc and EB Games in the mid-1990s. Afterwards, they started to use GameStop as their independent banner in 2004.
Today, GameStop is the largest video game retailer in America, selling wide varieties of new and used American video games, gaming accessories, software, strategy guides and more. They also own Game Informer, which has over 8 million subscribers all over the world.
Today, GameStop has over 6000 stores in 17 countries, and they have employed over 17,000 employees in over three decades of entertainment retailing success. They are the ideal destination for inexperience individuals who want to jumpstart their careers in the entertainment retailing industry.
Although general interest in video games can be a significant advantage when applying for retail store job positions, GameStop considers anyone for entry-level job position as long as they are capable and willing to learn. Some of the common spots in GameStop are the following:
- Game Advisors: They are GameStop’s version of sales associates, and they perform regular associate duties such as entertaining patrons by providing interesting game information and assisting them in looking for their preferred merchandise. They also keep the store clean and regularly report to their shift leader.
- Shift Leaders: They supervise and assign store tasks and responsibilities to game advisors. They also monitor inventory and ensure that every game is on display for interested customers and patrons.
- Store Managers: They ensure that the store keeps up with the projected sales trajectory for GameStop stores in their district. As such, they manage staff and ensure that every employee follows store procedures to maintain healthy sales. Usually, however, GameStop requires previous job experience in retailing or in the entertainment industry to work as their store manager.
- Key Holder: They open and close the store on specific hours and maintain a healthy relationship with other GameStop employees. They can also assist in administrative tasks and cater to customers, especially when game advisors are currently unavailable.
GameStop offers several more entry-level, managerial, and maintenance job opportunities to occupy vacancies in their retail store, corporate offices, distribution centers such as:
- Accessory associate
- Customer service representative
- Hardware tech
- Replenishment driver
- Lead loss prevention agent
GameStop Online Hiring
Interested individuals may apply at GameStop through the careers section of their website, which contains thousands of available jobs arranged according to job type such as retail, corporate, distribution.
GameStop Job Opportunities
GameStop accepts applicants as young as 16 years old, but store managers have the prerogative to prefer and hire applicants who are 18 years old and have previous experience in retailing.
Moreover, accepted applicants instantly receive GameStop employee benefits such as:
- Life Insurance
- Store discounts
- Paid trainings
- Medical coverage
- Paid leave
- Disability benefits
- 401(k) plan
- Paid vacations
- Tuition benefits
Apply for GameStop
After browsing through the wide list of available GameStop job opportunities at the careers section of the company website, interested applicants must register for an account to gain access to and receive updates regarding GameStop employment.
For applicants interested in store retail job opportunities, they can visit GameStop’s retail job application portal. This site has a window that lists several available positions across their different stores, and clicking on an available position reveals the “Apply Now” button.
The online application form requires the applicant’s basic personal information, scheduling preferences, education background, and a cover letter.
After completing the online application form, applicants usually wait for one to three weeks before hearing from the GameStop management. However, applicants can request for an update every week through phone or email. Most store managers generally like applicants who express their interest and enthusiasm in working for the company.
Printable Application Form / PDF: Download GameStop Job Application PDF