GameStop is a famous American retailer chain. It sells video games, electronic devices and provides wireless services. It was founded in 1984. GameStop has about 2,300 outlets in several countries such as the United States, Canada, European countries and so on. It is estimated that 22,000 full-time and 40,000 part-time employees are currently working in GameStop outlets.
GameStop Jobs and Careers
Game advisor, shift lead, store manager, loss prevention agent, retail associate, accessory associate, store leader, maintenance supervisor, picking associate, packing/shipping, inventory control associate, receiving associate, merchandising assistant.
How do I apply for a job at GameStop?
- Go to the career website of GameStop.
- Type in keywords and location in the search bar.
- Press the “Search” button.
- You will receive a list of jobs.
- After you click one of the jobs, a new page will open then you can click the “Apply now” button.
- A new application page will be opened you have two choices “Apply with LinkedIn” or “Apply”
- To proceed, you must log in. If you don’t have an account, you can open one by following the directions on that page.
- Finish your online job application.
GameStop Job Application Form PDF
Instead of making an online job application, you can make an in-person application to GameStop by printing the job application form of GameStop, and submitting it to your desired store by hand. This way, you will have more chances than online applicants to get yourself hired.
Printable Job Application Form PDF: Available.
Fort Lewis, WA
|2||Game Informer Associate Editor||
West Plains, MO
Spring Lake, NC
Forest City, NC
Schofield Barracks, HI
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Port Richey, FL
Work at GameStop
Welcome to the greatest gaming product retail store chain in the world, GameStop. Whether you are a customer or an employee, you will be excited about all the gaming products around you in GameStop stores. If you are into high-quality video games, here are plenty of cool jobs. Working at GameStop is the dream of many people because lots of people have an interest in video games and such stuff. Plus, this company is the favorite of video game lovers because they can find almost every sophisticated, qualified video game. For applicants, it is the most important criteria to have a number of customers. So, you have no reason to not apply. Do not be late, and apply now!
Minimum Age to Work: 16
Hours of Operation: Monday-Saturday 10:00am-9:pm, Sunday 11:00am-6:00pm.
GameStop Job Descriptions
Game Advisor: You will be standing in the store and help the customers with the games and other products. You need to have good knowledge of the games that are sold in the store. If you are a game enthusiast, this job is exactly for you!
Shift Lead: You will create schedules for employees and maintain the order of the products in the store. You will assist the Store Manager in daily operations.
Store Manager: You will hire and train new employees. You will motivate them to work productively. You should maintain the positive and energetic environment of the GameStop stores.
Prerequisite: Experience in the retail business.
- Game Advisor – $9.00 per hour
- Customer Service Agent – $9.00 per hour
- Forklift Operator – $16.74 per hour
- Inventory Associate – $13.64 per hour
- Order Picker – $13.92 per hour
- Packer – $15.21 per hour
- Warehouse Lead – $15.25 per hour
- Warehouse Worker – $15.19 per hour
- Assistant Manager – $13.03 per hour
- Shift Leader – $13.05 per hour
- Shift Manager – $12.30 per hour
- Store Manager – $16.76 per hour
- Loss Prevention Officer – $13.74 per hour
GameStop Employee Benefits
Many GameStop employees are young adults, and the benefits that GameStop provides to its employees are designed for the needs of young adults as well. For example, employees may receive little insurance, but tuition reimbursement and flexible working hours are provided to many GameStop employees. Sick leave and paid days off are not commonly provided to GameStop employees while a yearly bonus and an employee mentoring program are provided to the employees to enhance their development.