Dollar Tree is a popular American discount retail store chain. Today there are more than 15,000 Dollar Tree stores throughout the United States and Canada. Approximately 193,000 employees are working at the company these days. Dollar Tree is operating in nearly every US state.
Job Application Form PDF
Below, you can find the link to the printable job application form of Dollar Tree. If you print it, fill it out and make an in-person job application by submitting the form to your local Dollar Tree store, you will have more chance of getting hired.
Printable Job Application Form PDF: CLICK TO SEE THE FORM
How To Apply Online
You can apply to Dollar Tree online via the official Dollar Tree career website, or you can submit an in-person job application by visiting a local Dollar Tree store. If you prefer to apply in person, you should bring a printout of Dollar Tree’s printable job application form with you. You can then submit the paper to the store.
Below, you can read the step-by-step guide to applying online for a job at Dollar Tree.
- Visit the official career website of Dollar Tree. (https://www.dollartree.com/careers)
- You can search and apply for jobs on that website. On the page, choose either Store Careers, Logistics Careers, or Corporate Careers.
- Suppose you chose and clicked Store Careers.
- You will see a new page. You will see two titles, which are Store Associate Positions and Store Management. Click the “SEARCH & APPLY” button under the title of your choice.
- You will be redirected to a new website. Click the “Search” button to see the list of job openings.
- On the left part of the page, check “Dollar Tree” to filter out job positions that aren’t in Dollar Tree store locations. You can also filter by more aspects by using the Advanced Search on that page.
- While you are viewing the job list, click a job title that got your attention.
- Read the whole job description page. Then, click “Apply”.
- Sign in or skip sign in.
- Click “Let’s get started”.
How to Fill Out the Online Application Form
- You should answer a series of questions first. Click “Continue”.
- The company asks you to self-identify your race, gender, and national origin. Click “Continue”.
- Read the Agreement. Add your resume/CV or indicate that you would like to use your profile instead. Click “Continue”.
- Provide your personal information such as your name, address, phone number, and email address. Write your Social Security Number and your date of birth. Provide info about your education history and work experience. Click “Continue”.
- Complete the WOTC section if you want to. Click “Continue”.
- Answer a series of questions.
- Confirm that the information you have provided so far is correct.
- Then, you will be asked to check your every answer so far. If you would like to make no changes to your answers, you can send the application to Dollar Tree by clicking the “Send my application” button at the bottom of the page.
- Sales Floor Associate
- Customer Service Representative
- Merchandise Assistant Manager
- Store Manager
Dollar Tree is a great company to work for, especially if you do not have any working experience. You can find suitable jobs at a company that requires no experience. In addition to this, most of these jobs also do not require any degree. If you are looking for quick employment, here are two positions you can consider applying for.
Sales Floor Associate
You may want to apply for the sales floor associate position at this company. As a sales floor associate, you are going to work on one of the floors of the store and assist the customers. Your main goal will be offering excellent customer service and improving sales. Moreover, you will also help customers to find what they are looking for. You will be responsible for all the daily activities on the floor including cleaning.
Customer Service Representative
The customer service representative position at Dollar Tree requires you to work in the store and get in touch with the customers. You need to maintain your positive and approachable attitude during your shift and ensure that the customers enjoy a great shopping experience. As you may have to inform them about the products, you may also escort them to relevant areas to help them find what they are looking for.
Besides taking care of the customers, you will also make sure that every shelf has enough stocks and that every part of the store is clean. You will also serve as a cashier when needed and help customers to checkout, accept their returns or process their refunds.
Merchandise Assistant Manager
Additionally, you can also apply for the merchandise assistant manager position. You are going to contribute to the daily operations in the stores while being a role model to other employees. Your manager can assign you different tasks during the day for the operations. Moreover, you will have to prepare daily, weekly, and monthly reports about the operations and submit them to your manager.
Do you believe that you’re not earning enough money? You might be earning less than necessary, or currently earning nothing at all. Are you looking for a job that will pay you a fair amount of salary and teach you how to keep that money in hand at the same time? If yes, then you’re in the right place. Apply to Dollar Tree to start your career in Dollar Tree and increase your welfare!
It usually takes less than a week for Dollar Tree to invite you to a store interview after you submit your application. The interview process is reported to be quite easy. Some important points are your appearance and attitude during the interview. Since there are lots of applicants most of the time, the interviews at Dollar Tree don’t take a lot of time. They will ask you general questions about yourself and some questions about sales. As a tip, you can ask the interviewer what advice they would give you if you were a current Dollar Tree employee.
Dollar Tree offers its employees a wide range of benefits, including:
- dental, health, vision, and life insurance
- parental leave
- paid time off
- flexible schedules
- bonus pay
- employee discounts
- quarterly bonuses
- monthly bonuses
- stock purchase options at a 15% discount
- a 401(k) retirement plan
- free meals every Friday
We nevertheless advise you to contact the management of your local store to see the exact benefits package that you will receive during your employment at Dollar Tree.
Each year in October, Dollar Tree exercises a nationwide hiring event in the US, where approximately 25,000 employees are hired at various Dollar Tree stores all over the US. Job seekers are thus encouraged to follow the updates on Dollar Tree hiring events. In March 2020, this retail store chain rewarded its thousands of employees who were working at the stores by increasing their hourly wage by $2.00. This was announced by Dollar Tree’s Chief Human Resources Officer, having said that the reason for this promotion was the employees’ demonstrated extraordinary commitment to their communities by continuing to serve local customers with essential products in their time of need.