Subway is a famous American fast food restaurant franchise. Subway is best known for its submarine sandwiches (subs) and salads. Today, there are over 42,000 Subway restaurants in 112 countries all over the world. Over 24,000 of these restaurants are located throughout the US. Subway is the largest restaurant chain and operator in today’s world.
Subway Job Application Form PDF
You can both make an online job application to Subway or you can print Subway’s printable job application form, which is provided below. You should print the job application form and fill it out with your pen. Then, you submit the form to your desired Subway location. Applying with a printed job application form usually leaves a good impression on the management.
Printable Job Application Form PDF: CLICK TO SEE THE FORM
Subway How To Apply Online
As mentioned earlier in this text, Subway has a huge number of restaurants in a diverse set of locations all over the United States. Thus, there are always job openings in plenty of Subway restaurants all around the country. Below are the simple steps that you will do, in order to submit an online job application to Subway:
- Go to Subway’s official career website.
- You can search for Subway restaurants either by address (by entering your city, state, zip code) or by entering the store number of the restaurant, at which you are interested in working. Click “SEARCH” to see results that match your location criteria.
- From the list of locations, check the corresponding box on the left of your desired Subway location. Click “Continue” to proceed to the online application page.
- Enter your email first in order to continue.
- Next, you will see the online job application form of Subway for candidates in the United States. Fill out the form by providing your personal information, answering the questionnaire, providing info about your availability, and education.
- When you complete all the steps on the application form, send the form to Subway through that application portal.
Subway Job Positions
- Sandwich Artist
- Assistant Manager
Subway Job Descriptions
The main job duties of a Subway Sandwich Artist are greeting customers, preparing food, giving food to the customers, and collecting the payments from the customers. They should know all the menu items of Subway including types of bread, sandwich ingredients, and sauces. They should be able to maintain good communication, preferably with a smile on their face. It is also the Sandwich Artist’s duty to keep the sandwich preparation area clean.
You might be wondering how Subway has gained this kind of success since its founding. The key to Subway’s success is keeping the customers always happy and always serving them high-quality food. The initial step in the company that results in happy customers is to keep the employees happy. Working at Subway will fulfill all your basic needs in both social and financial terms. If you are into food, a job at Subway might be the best fit for you! By working in a Subway restaurant, every day, you will be exposed to the astounding smell of baked bread, cookies and every kind of sandwich sauce.
After you submit a paper or online application to Subway, they will call you for an interview in the store. During the interview, you will be asked about 10 questions by 1 or 2 hiring staff. The hiring process is easy overall. It would make a better impression on the interviewers if you maintain a relaxed, chill, and confident attitude during the whole interview process.
The candidate’s education level, willingness to work in Subway’s environment, your plans to calm down possible angry customers and your strengths/weaknesses are asked during the Subway interview. Keep in mind that it would be good if you can provide a clean employment record. Since Subway is not a strictly formal company, a business casual outfit would be enough for the interview.
Subway Employee Benefits
Subway offers a wide range of employee benefits and perks to its Team Members and Managers.
Usual Subway Team Member benefits include:
- a weekly pay period with a check every Friday,
- insurance benefits for you and your children,
- a company-contributed 401k program after 1 year of service,
- opportunities for promotion from within,
- professional development opportunities and paid training,
- the possibility for wage increase based on performance,
- 40 hours of vacation per year after the first year of employment,
- paid sick hours,
- birthday pay after 1 year of employment,
- anniversary gift program for each year of employment,
- paid meal breaks with meal discounts.
The benefits that are offered to Subway Managers include:
- a realistic work schedule,
- health and dental insurance,
- a 401k plan,
- paid time off,
- performance bonuses,
- a grease-free environment.
We recommend that you contact your local Subway location to learn more details about the benefits you are going to receive if you get to start working there.
Subway Company Culture
Subway had a great advantage against traditional fast-food restaurant chains during the years that obesity was starting to be a real problem in the US because the food Subway offered seemed healthier than food served by fast-food chains. Coupled with the open-kitchen format and customizability of the menus, Subway reached a huge success until the mid-2010s. Competitors with similar business formats including Quiznos, Jimmy John’s, Firehouse Subs, Potbelly, Jersey Mike’s, and Panera came into play started to steal Subway’s market share in the most recent years with their fresher and more innovative menu items.
In addition to these, because opening a Subway franchise is relatively easy compared to other brands, many Subway locations were opened close to each other and started to steal each other’s customers. For these reasons, the location number of Subway has decreased.
However, since the Fresh Forward program that Subway launched in 2017, Subway started to remodel at least half of its locations with updated decoration and new exciting menu items. This program turned out to give positive results and Subway regained a decent amount of its popularity in the most recent years.
Leave a Reply