Steak ‘n Shake is an American casual restaurant chain. Most Steak ‘n Shake restaurants are located in the Midwestern United States, though there are restaurants in the South, Mid-Atlantic and Western U.S. Steak ‘n Shake is also operating in some European and Middle East countries. It is an old company, which was founded in 1934 in Normal, Illinois. There are about 600 Steak ‘n Shake restaurants in the world. Most restaurants in the U.S. are operating 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. An estimate of 20,000 employees are working at these restaurants.
Steak ‘n Shake Jobs
Although it’s common in action movies that using two swords, known as duel-wielding, it was not that common in history as someone who cannot use one sword perfectly cannot possibly try duel-wielding and not die. Steak ‘n Shake takes the job as serious as this, and tries to duel-wield steaks and milkshakes. It needs the best employees in order to achieve this goal. If you’re one of them, join Steak ‘n Shake now to share the company’s intentions of leading and dominating the field with %100 customer and employee satisfaction!
How to Apply
- Go to the job application website of Steak ‘n Shake.
- Scroll the page down until you see the “Find Your Fit” section.
- There are “Hourly Associate” and “Management Positions” in this section.
- Down below, there is the “See Open Positions” button.
- Enter job keywords and location, then choose your career category and city. Then click “Search Careers”.
- The list of the relevant jobs will be displayed on the same webpage.
- Look at the name of the jobs. When you encounter an interesting job, click on “Apply” next to the name.
- A new page will open. Read the detailed job description. If you are really interested in the job, click “Apply Now” at the top of the page.
- To proceed, you need to create a new Talentreef account, if you don’t have one. You can create a new account in a short time. If you already have an account, just log-in.
- Continue and finish your online job application. Good luck!
Minimum Age to Work: 16
Hours of Operation: Always open.
Job Positions: Grill cook, server, shift manager, cashier, shift leader, drive thru operator, fry steam table, food prep, line cook, operations supervisor, fountain operator, restaurant manager.
Printable Job Application Form PDF: Available.
Positions & Salaries
Grill Cook: You will prepare the orders within 5 to 8 minutes. You need to use the equipment well and following the safety guidelines of Steak ‘n Shake.
Server: You will serve the guests by maintaining guest sensitivity, cleanliness, restocking, sanitation, uniform, safety, security and company policy requirements.
Shift Manager: You will ensure that the employee team at the restaurant is following the operational and financial standards on scheduled shifts. You will be reporting to the General Manager periodically.
Prerequisite: 18 years of age. Valid driver’s license.
Steak ‘n Shake Application Form PDF
Steak ‘n Shake offers a printable job application form on the internet for in-person applicants. Click the link to see the form. Print it and fill it out, then bring it to your local Steak ‘n Shake restaurant.
Steak ‘n Shake Interview
When your application is accepted they will call you to inform you about when and where of your interview. You will be asked questions such as “Where did you see yourself in 5 years?”, “Have you ever been terminated from a job, if so why?”, “Do you work well with others under stress in a sense of urgency?” as well as your previous job experiences, your availability, etc. They might want you to explain an experience from your job such as “Describe a time when your work was criticized.” After the questions, you will be informed if you got the job or not in a few days.
If you have any other questions, you can send an email to