Journeys is an American specialty retailer. The major products that are being sold at Journeys stores are shoes. Journeys is one of the multiple subsidies of its parent company Genesco. Genesco is a multinational company, which operates in the U.S., Canada, and some European countries. It has more than 1,500 stores in these countries. Genesco is the parent company of Journeys, Journeys Kids, Johnston&Murphy and a couple of other retail stores. This being said, Journeys is one of the most successful subsidiary companies of Genesco.
Journeys Jobs and Careers
Sales associate, assistant store manager, and store manager are the three most popular job positions at stores of Journeys.
How do I apply for a job at Journeys?
- Go to the career website of Journeys.
- Under the “Career Opportunities & Current Openings” title, you will see four employment options, which are: stores, customer service, distribution center, and home office. Click the “LEARN MORE” link under one of them that you prefer.
- Click on the job position that you are searching for. (For entry-level job seekers, “Sales Associate” would be the right choice.)
- Read what your typical day will be like, the growth opportunities at Journeys, and what you should be good at in that position.
- Then click the “SEARCH JOBS” button right below the job title.
- Choose your country from the drop-down menu.
- Then a new tab will open.
- Select your state and city from the menus. Then, click the arrow sign.
- The list of Journeys store locations in the chosen area will be provided. Choose a store location.
- Then, you can view current job openings at the chosen store.
- Click the “Apply” link under the job title of the job offer.
- You need to register on the career website of Journeys to proceed with your online job application.
- Once you register, you can complete your online job application by filling out the online application form and sending it to Journeys through that website.
Journeys Job Application Form PDF
There is a printable job application form of Genesco, which is the parent company of Journeys. If you want to increase your chance of getting employed by this company, we recommend that you submit a hard copy of an application form to the management at your local Journeys store. Below, you can find the link to the job application form. All you need to do is to print it, fill it out and submit it to the Journeys location, at which you want to start working.
Printable Job Application Form PDF: Available.
|Job Title||Job Location||Job Date|
|Travel and Expense Coordinator- Journeys||Nashville, TN||5 days ago|
|Sales Lead||Greenville, MS||30+ days ago|
|REMOTE – Multimedia CSR Full-Time (Tier 1)||Nashville, TN||1 day ago|
|Sales Lead||Ashland, KY||4 hours ago|
|Part-Time Sales Associate Puerto Rico||Mayagüez, PR||10 hours ago|
|Assistant Store Manager||Grove City, PA||30+ days ago|
|Sales Lead||Springfield, MA||30+ days ago|
|Sales Lead||Colonial Heights, VA||30+ days ago|
|Sales Lead||Holyoke, MA||4 hours ago|
|Part-Time Sales Associate||Morristown, TN||30+ days ago|
|Store Manager||Hamburg, NY||2 days ago|
|Sales Lead||Grove City, PA||30+ days ago|
|Assistant Store Manager||Hamburg, NY||22 hours ago|
|Store Manager||Grove City, PA||16 hours ago|
|Part-Time Sales Associate||San Marcos, TX||30+ days ago|
Work at Journeys
Every decision lead to a new journey. That’s why it is sometimes hard to do something that you know you should. What is interesting is that some journeys are destined to have happy endings. Working with the Journeys brand is surely one of these. Do not ignore this fact, and start your journey now! You can make sure that you have a happy ending in your career. Journeys has been listed as one of the Best Places To Work in 2021 by the Human Rights Campaign Foundation.
Minimum Age to Work: 16
Hours of Operation: Monday-Saturday 9:00am-9:00pm, Sunday 10:00am-6:00pm.
Job Positions & Salaries
Sales Associate: You will assist the customers while they are trying on different shoes and other stuff. You need to have good communication skills. You will be on foot most of the time, and sometimes you will need to lift heavy weights. You will also operate cash registers at the checkout when necessary. You will earn $8/hour.
Assistant Manager: You will be the leader of the employee team in your store. You need to create a motivating work environment for the employees. You will set financial goals, and be responsible for the success of the store. You will earn around $30,000 per year.
Journeys Employee Benefits
The employee benefits that are provided to employees at Journeys can be categorized into five groups, which are health & wellness, employee discount, financial security, time off, and rewards & development.
Health & wellness benefits package includes medical, vision, and dental insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, and Employee Assistance Program. These benefits are offered from the first day of employment at Journeys.
Cell phone discounts and a 40% discount at all stores owned by Genesco are offered to employees of Journeys.
In terms of financial security, great bonuses and competitive pay, scholarship opportunities, 401k retirement plan with company match, short and long-term disability coverage, life insurance, personal accident insurance, and emergency assistance fund are offered to eligible employees.
There is also a vacation package and community service hours.
According to the performance reviews done by Journey, employees get promotions and/or a chance for enrollment in the Journeys University Program. Additional prizes are waiting for you at Journeys.