Fareway Meat & Grocery is an American grocery store chain operating in the Midwest. The first Fareway store was opened in 1938. Today, there are about 125 Fareway stores in the states of Iowa, Illinois, Minnesota, Nebraska, South Dakota, and Missouri. Fareway is also in the food distribution business. With its ca. 12,000 employees, Fareway is one of the top employers in the Midwest.
How do I apply for a job at Fareway Meat & Grocery?
- Go to the career website of Fareway Meat & Grocery.
- Scroll down and select either Warehouse Campus, Retail, or Corporate, then click the “Search Jobs” button in the selected job category.
- A new page will open, on which you can see a search toolbar and the list of job openings.
- You can use the search toolbar by searching for jobs by department, position, location, and/or ZIP code.
- While you are browsing the job list, click a job title when you finally find an interesting job position.
- Read the job function, responsibilities, and more on a new page. Click “Apply Now” at the bottom of the page.
- You will then see the online job application form of Fareway. Enter some personal information, indicate your desired employment type at Fareway, provide some information about your education, list some personal references, provide some information about your employment history, and upload a resume. Also, in a paragraph, you are invited to provide any additional information about your abilities or interests that makes you a good candidate for the position you are applying for. Read the statement below on the page. When you are finished, click “Apply Now” at the bottom of the page to submit the application to the company.
Fareway Meat & Grocery Job Vacancies & Opportunities
Three main job categories are available at Fareway, which are Warehouse Campus, Retail, and Corporate. Warehouse jobs include general warehouse, trucking, construction, maintenance, and engineering jobs. Retail jobs include grocery, market, and bakery jobs.
Printable Job Application Form PDF: Available.
Job Positions & Salaries
Bakery Clerk: You will prepare bakery products, pack and label items for sale, decorate bakery items for sale and as requested by the customer, operate the oven, stock bakery items on shelves, record and report accurate inventory counts. You should provide outstanding customer service. You must be at least 18 years old to apply for this position.
Grocery Clerk: You will be responsible for cashier duties including checking out customers and operating a POS (Point of Sale) system, unloading products off of the truck to be stocked on shelves, stocking shelves with products for customers to purchase, properly pricing and displaying product signs, sacking groceries and provide “to your car” carry out service, recording and reporting accurate inventory counts. You should provide outstanding customer service as well. Job seekers who are at least 14 years old are allowed to apply for this position at Fareway Meat & Grocery.
Market Clerk: You will clean equipment and sanitize daily, prepare and cut meat, record and report accurate inventory counts, and assist all customers in their shopping. You may be responsible for other basic duties as assigned. You should be at least 18 years old to apply for this position.
Fareway Meat & Grocery Job Application Form PDF
Below is the link to the printable job application form of Fareway Meat & Grocery. If you prefer to apply to Fareway in person, you should print this form, fill it out, and submit it to the manager of your local Fareway store.
The job application form of Fareway Meat & Grocery is relatively short and consists of only 2 pages. First, provide some personal details. Then, shortly write about your desired employment at Fareway. Provide information about your level of education and list three people who have known you for at least four years excluding relatives. On the second page, write a detailed employment history of yourself. After that, provide any additional information about your abilities or interests that makes you a good candidate for the position you are applying for. Finally, read the Certification, sign below, and write the date of application.