Cape Union Mart is a South African retail store chain that is focused on selling outdoor clothing, footwear and equipment. The target audience of Cape Union Mart is people who love outdoor sports, and the company has built a great relationship with its customers. The first Cape Union Mart store was opened in 1933. Today, there are about 300 Cape Union Mart stores in South Africa.
How do I apply for a job at Cape Union Mart?
You can either apply for a job at Cape Union Mart online, or you can apply in person by entering a store. To successfully send a quick and easy online application to Cape Union Mart, follow these steps:
- Go to the career website of Cape Union Mart.
- You will see three links, which are “Head Office vacancies”, “Store vacancies”, and “DC & Factory vacancies”. Click either of them. (DC stands for Distribution Centre)
- Suppose you click the “Store vacancies” link. A new page will open. You can see the list of current job openings at Cape Union Mart stores on the new page.
- If you click the “Search” button at the top of the page above the job list, a menu will appear. You can use this menu to search for specific job positions by the reference number, job type, location, title, or work level.
- While you are looking at the list of job openings, click a job title when you find an interesting job position.
- Read the job responsibilities and requirements.
- At the bottom of the page, click the “Apply Now” button to initiate your online job application process.
- You will see the online job application form of Cape Union Mart. Fill it out by providing your personal details, contact details, and additional documents such as your CV, photo, and letter of reference. When you complete filling the online application form, send the application to Cape Union Mart by clicking the “Submit” button at the bottom right corner of the page.
Cape Union Mart Job Vacancies
Sales Assistant: You should exceed customer expectations by practicing customer selling techniques during your shifts. You should adhere to stock loss controls in the store and ensure individual targets are met consistently. You should maximise and drive sales by identifying opportunities to increase turnover. In addition, you should perform housekeeping duties to uphold the company’s visual merchandising standards in order to optimise sales. 6 months of retail experience is needed if you want to apply for this job position.
Assistant Leader: You will assist the store manager in managing all aspects of the store. You should maximise profit and minimise shrinkage by monitoring stock-related risks. You will lead the selection of new employees and you will be responsible for the training, coaching, retention of entry-level employees at the store.
Cape Union Mart Job Application Form PDF
Cape Union Mart doesn’t offer any printable job application form on the web for job seekers who want to apply in-store. You can either directly contact your local store or apply for a job at Cape Union Mart online on the company career website.