Benihana is a restaurant chain that is serving Japanese food. It was founded by a Japanese man. The first Benihana restaurant was opened in 1964 in New York City. There are about 100 Benihana restaurants in the Americas today. About 5,000 are working at these Benihana restaurants.
These days, countries are becoming more and more multicultural. This opens a window for the success of restaurants that specialize in world cuisine. Benihana is one of these restaurants as it is a large Japanese restaurant chain. Having thousands of employees at over a hundred restaurants, Benihana will always welcome you as a new team member if you think you possess the sufficient skills that would make Benihana even greater.
How to Apply
- Go to Benihana’s official career website.
- Click the red “SEARCH OR APPLY TO BENIHANA NOW” button.
- A new page will open. On the new page, you will see a job search toolbar. You can enter location and/or keywords into the toolbar and search for relevant jobs by clicking the magnifying glass icon on the right of the toolbar. Or instead, you can click “VIEW ALL JOBS” next to the icon to see all jobs at all Benihana restaurants in the US.
- After you click, you will see the job list. Click a job title that attracts you to read the job overview. A new page will open again. Read the job overview and if you are satisfied, click the red “Apply Now” on the new page.
- A new page will open again. Enter your email address, click “Next”, and fill out the online job application form of Benihana.
Minimum Age to Work: 16
Hours of Operation: Monday-Thursday 11:30am-10:00pm, Friday 11:30am-11:00pm, Saturday 12:00pm-11:00pm, Sunday 12:00pm-10:00pm.
Job Positions: Service assistant, bartender, dishwasher, sushi prep, sushi chef, host/hostess, server, chef, cook.
Printable Job Application Form PDF: Not available.
Positions & Salaries
Cook: You will be responsible for all grilled, broiled, fried and sautéed items prepared in the kitchen. You will prepare and portion food items prior to cooking, such as tempura items, sauces, and grilled items. You will also perform the tasks of plating and garnishing cooked items. You should maintain a sanitary kitchen workstation.
Prerequisite: 18 years of age.
Sushi Prep: You will assist the sushi chef in the preparation and production of sushi items for the guests in accordance with Benihana food preparations and service guidelines. You will work in front of guests while preparing foods at the sushi bar and you will be expected to ensure a fun and inviting experience to guests.
Server Assistant: You will be responsible for setting and cleaning tables, sushi bar and lounge areas throughout the shift. You will support the servers and service staff with drink refills and clearing tables. You will also assist with the setup of large parties and communicate which areas of the restaurant are ready to be seated in order to assure customer satisfaction.
Prerequisite: 18 years of age. High School diploma or GED.
Benihana Application Form PDF
Unfortunately, this restaurant chain doesn’t offer any printable job application form on the internet. You are thus recommended to visit the official career website of the company for employment. Also, you can always visit your local restaurant for more detailed employment information.
If you have any other questions, you can send an email to