American Airlines is the largest airline company in the world when taking into account multiple aspects such as fleet size, passengers carried, destination point quantity and revenue. The company was founded in 1926 in Chicago and operated its first flight in 1936. Today, American Airlines has 965 planes and operates more than 6,500 daily flights to about 350 destinations. American Airlines is also impactful overseas, such that it has destination points in about 50 different countries. It is a very huge company that is currently employing over 126,000 people.
American Airlines Jobs
This century keeps people busy. We rarely can have time to see our friends, family and loved ones. No need to even mention traveling to shake the stress off. Sometimes, even if we have some spare time, we cannot travel to the things that we love. Either the tickets are expensive or traveling takes long and exhausts you. American Airlines is here to stand against all these hardships. Join American Airlines, and you will feel like the world has got smaller!
How do I apply for a job at American Airlines?
- Go to the official career website of American Airlines.
- You can either search by keyword and press “Search Jobs” or press “View All Open Positions”.
- From the job list, click on the name of the job.
- Read the text about purpose and core competencies.
- If you think that you’d fit well, press “Apply now”.
- You need to sign in to continue. If you don’t have an account yet, you can create a new one by clicking the link below the sign-in button.
Minimum Age to Work: 18
Hours of Operation: Always operating.
Job Positions: Flight attendant, baggage handler, customer service representative, fleet service clerk, aviation maintenance technician, general manager, materials logistics specialist, planner, plant maintenance mechanics, reservations agent.
Printable Job Application Form PDF: Available.
Job Positions & Salaries
Flight Attendant: You will greet the passengers while boarding on, and assist them during the flight, in terms of flight safety and food delivery. You may sometimes need to work for long working hours, especially during flights of long distances. You will be typically earning about $40,000 per year.
Baggage Handler: You will be loading the baggage of the customers onto the plane. You will be working outdoors, so you should be relatively unaffected by harsh weather conditions. You will earn about $10/hour.
Prerequisite: Lifting heavy weights, such as fully loaded luggage will definitely help.
Customer Service Representative: You will solve any problem that the passengers may encounter before the flight. Good communication skills will make this duty easier for you. You will earn $13/hour.
- Aircraft Maintenance Technician – $75,095 per year
- Aircraft Mechanic – $39.67 per hour
- Flight Attendant – $44,182 per year
- Pilot – $115,025 per year
- Cleaner – $38,919 per year
- Reservation Agent – $31,495 per year
- Member Services Representative – $42,772 per year
- Customer Service Representative – $30,508 per year
- Customer Service Manager – $51,988 per year
- Delivery Driver – $12.96 per hour
- Maintenance Mechanic – $62,686 per year
- Maintenance Person – $44,849 per year
- Baggage Handler – $32,547 per year
- Cargo Agent – $26,851 per year
- Material Specialist – $62,105 per year
- Stocking Associate – $38,705 per year
- Ticket Sales Representative – $11.92 per hour
- Sales Representative – $33,499 per year
- Security Officer – $97,494 per year
American Airlines Employee Benefits
American Airlines provides its employees with a benefits package that covers health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, employee assistance program, flexible spending account, pet insurance, retirement plan, and paid time off. To enjoy these benefits, apply for a job on the company’s career website to start working at American Airlines. Note that benefits may vary by multiple factors such as age, position, and/or experience.
American Airlines Job Application Form PDF
Below, you can find the printable job application form of American Airlines. It is usually better to apply for a job with a printout of the application form. It shows that you spent more time than a simple online application. This will imply that you are seriously interested and determined for the job.
The employment application form of American Airlines consists of 5 pages. Write the date on the top left part of the first page. Then provide some personal information. Next, you will see the Employment Information section. The next page is devoted to your previous employment history. If you have any relatives who are currently working at American Airlines, you can indicate them at the beginning of the third page. Then, list three professional references. Fill in the Military Service section. Answer some legal questions after that. Now, you can read the Conditions of Employment. Sign the form and write the date under it to show that you understand the agreement. The fourth page is about authorization and releases for background information and the fifth page includes a Voluntary Identification Form. We recommend that you complete all pages of the form before submitting it to American Airlines. Good luck!