Universal Studios, also known as Universal Pictures and Universal Film Manufacturing, is an American studio company that makes films. Carl Laemmle, Mark Dintenfass, Charles O. Baumann, Adam Kessel, Pat Powers, William Swanson, David Horsley, Jules Brulatour, and Robert H. Cochrane founded the Universal Studios in 1912, in 10 Universal City Plaza, California. It is the oldest studio that survived in the United States. The company is currently owned by Comcast. There are 3 different studio locations in New York City, California and Universal City. There are 2,500 employees who are working at Universal Studios! The company is also the fifth-oldest studio in the world.
Job Application Form PDF
There is no printable job application form of Universal Studios on the web. Therefore, you are strongly recommended to make an online job application on the official website of the company for a job at any Universal Studios location. Good luck!
Printable Job Application Form PDF: Not available.
How To Apply Online
- Go to the official career website of Univeral Studios.
- You will see 4 categories on the top of the page: Universal Creative, Universal Orlando Resort, Universal Studios Hollywood, Auditions.
- Click on the one that you want to start working at.
- You will see the job listing section and customize your search there. You can enter job title or skills, text keywords and set your location. Then press “SEARCH”.
- Click on an interesting job position from the list.
- Read the job description, responsibilities, qualifications & experience and additional information on the next page. If you liked what you’ve read, click “APPLY NOW” under the text.
- After you click “APPLY NOW”, you will need to sign in or register to continue.
- Lastly, provide your information and work habits. Complete the phone interview and a set of online forms, and wait to be hired by Universal Studios!
- Quick service associate
- Food & beverage stocker
- Line production cook
- Second cook
- Steward (dishwasher)
- Food & beverage team captain
- Restaurant chef
- Sous chef
- Attractions attendant
- Merchandise associate
- Entrance operations
- Parking & transportation services
- Event operations
- Turnstiles and pass sales services
- Guest services
- Park services
- Security services
- Health services
- Wardrobe services
- Fiberglass technician
Universal Studios is also a part of MPA (Motion Picture Association). In Hollywood’s golden age, there were “Little Three majors” and Universal Studios was one of these. If you want to have experience in filmmaking by working at film-making studios, Universal Studios might be your first choice, because it is a really well-known and reputable company and a place that looks really good on your resume. Therefore, we recommend that you apply for a job at Universal Studios to have unforgettable and magical memories in your career journey!
Job Positions & Salaries
Performer: You will either be performing in a show, parade or adding atmosphere to the streets. You will entertain the Universal Studios guests as an Actor, Dancer, Singer, Stunt Performer, In-Line Skater, Stilt Walker, Musician, etc.
Prerequisite: 18 years of age.
Sous Chef: You will be responsible for all culinary offerings in a designated area of Universal Studios location. You will be responsible for the production of all foods in the area and should ensure the highest quality and service at all levels.
Prerequisite: Graduate of an accredited culinary school, Word and Excel knowledge, 3 years of culinary experience in a high volume fast pace restaurant.
Fiberglass Technician: You will be responsible for fabricating and repairing fiberglass and carbon fiber items. This includes designed modifications, both structural and cosmetic of ride vehicles, show figures and other props and products as directed by both Engineering and Management directives. This position is detail orientated and involves crafting, cutting, trimming, sanding, assembly, vacuum bagging among other operations involved in the successful production of composite materials.
Prerequisite: High school degree or GED. An experience of 5-7 years in structural lay-up of composite matting materials as well as grinding and prep for repairs of finished products.