Staples is the largest office supply retail store chain in Canada. The company was founded in 1991 as “The Business Depot”. Between 1994 and 2008, the name “Staples Business Depot” was in use. Today, the stores are called just “Staples”. There are over 300 Staples stores in Canada, at which over 15,000 employees are currently working. Office supplies, furniture, technology, tech services, and print & marketing services are provided at Staples.
How do I apply for a job at Staples?
You can either submit an in-store application or an online application for a job at Staples. Submitting an in-store application will take additional time, but it will pay out as you will have a higher chance of employment when you apply for a job in-store.
To submit an online Staples job application, follow these steps below:
- Go to the official career website of Staples.
- Into the search bar, enter some keywords, then click “SEARCH”. If you are not sure which keywords you should write, you can also click the “JOBS NEAR ME” button next to “SEARCH”.
- Below the search toolbar, a list of jobs that are related to your search will appear.
- Browse through the jobs and when you find an interesting opportunity, click the job title to read more.
- Read the position summary, primary responsibilities, and qualifications. If you decide to apply for the position, click “Apply Online”.
- You need to login to continue. You should create a new account if you don’t have one. After you successfully sign in, you will see the online job application form of Staples. Fill it out, provide the requested documents (if any), and submit the application to the company online.
Staples Job Vacancies & Opportunities
There are plenty of entry-level retail positions at Staples stores. Some examples of these positions are sales area representative, copy & print centre representative, night stocking representative, receiver, customer service representative, cashier, merchandising associate, and replenisher. There are also some jobs that require some education and experience, such as tech services specialist, technology consultant, and graphic designer. Management-level jobs are also available at Staples for experienced candidates. These jobs include sales support lead, sales & merchandising manager, services supervisor, and store management positions.
Printable Job Application Form PDF: Not available.
Job Positions & Salaries
Sales Area Representative: You will maximize sales by leveraging strong selling skills while assisting customers in Office Supplies and Furniture. You will assist in maintaining the presentation, signage and stock levels of merchandise within specific areas.
Copy & Print Centre (CPC) Representative: You will offer knowledge to support copy and print clients. You will apply intermediate technical proficiency. You should follow CPC processes and procedures and maintain the operational integrity of CPC. You will route sales and production through appropriate channels. You should have the necessary knowledge of solutions that meet the clients’ needs and you should be able to recommend products and services to them that support these needs. You should maintain established client relationships by providing outstanding customer care.
Night Stocking Representative: You will be responsible for the restocking of shelves, maintaining plan-o-grams, promo planners, price changes, ad set-up, general cleaning and maintenance. You will be accountable to maintain established company standards for store appearance, presentation and condition.
Staples Job Application Form PDF
There is no printable job application form that applicants to Staples stores in Canada can use when they apply for a job in person.