Sport Chek is a Canadian sporting goods store chain that is the largest one in the country. The first store was founded in 1999. In slightly more than 20 years, Sport Check became a chain of almost 200 stores across Canada. Sport Chek is currently a subsidiary company of Canadian Tire.
Sport Chek Jobs and Careers
At Sport Chek stores, entry-level job positions include order fulfillment associate, sales associate, cashier, and service shop technician. These positions require little to no previous experience in the sporting goods retail business, however, high school education is necessary to apply for these positions. An additional degree/diploma is needed if you want to apply for a visual merchandiser position. There are also management-level jobs that offer higher pay. These jobs include the department sales manager, assistant manager, and store manager positions.
How do I apply for a job at Sport Chek?
If you want to apply for a job at Sport Chek, you should know that there is an online application option and an in-person application option. While online job applications can be made quicker, in-person applications tend to be regarded more positively by hiring managers, because it takes more time to visit a physical store and to apply in person.
Here are the few steps of submitting an online application to Sport Chek:
- Go to the official career website of Canadian Tire, which is the parent company of Sport Chek.
- Scroll down and find the Retail section. Click the “Learn More” link in this section.
- A new page will open, on which you will see Retail Management and Retail Associates sections. In each section, there are logos of brands owned by Canadian Tire. Choose the section that you want, and click the logo of Sport Chek.
- A new page will open again. You will see a map at the top of the page, and the list of job openings at Sport Chek locations below the map. There is also a filter that will help you filter jobs by category, province, city, etc.
- Click a job title on the list when you encounter a position, in which you may be interested.
- Read the job description, key responsibilities, required skills and knowledge, experience level, educational level, and compensation regarding the job position.
- Click “Apply Now” if you are sure to submit an application for the job position at Sport Chek.
- Upload your resume or CV.
- Provide your contact details and requested personal information.
- Lastly, enter your email address, and click the “SUBMIT” button. An email regarding the job application will be sent to your email address.
Sport Chek Job Application Form PDF
Unfortunately, Sport Chek offers no printable job application form for job seekers who want to apply in person. You can either go to a Sport Chek store by yourself, or submit an online application on the career website of Sport Chek’s parent company.
Printable Job Application Form PDF: Not available.
Job Positions & Salaries
Cashier: Being located at the front end of the store, you will be responsible for delivering excellent service to every customer. You will process purchases, returns, exchanges, or general inquiries. You should keep a balanced till. You should deliver an exceptional customer experience to support your team in achieving performance targets. High school education is necessary to apply for a Cashier position at Sport Chek.
Service Shop Technician (Bike-Basic): You will assemble/disassemble different types of bicycles. You will perform tasks such as wheel building, wheel truing, and tire changing. You will occasionally have to change brakes, cables, and brake and shift levers. 6 months of work experience in a bike shop, experience in bike building, bike repair and bike service, and high school education are required to apply for this position.