Spencer’s is an American retailer chain. It mainly sells novelty and gag gifts. It was founded in 1947 in Egg Harbor Township, New Jersey. Spencer’s operates in the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico. There are about 650 Spencer’s stores in total. This company is also the parent company of the popular seasonal retailer Spirit Halloween.
Below on this page, you can see the Application Link and related information that you should know before you apply for a job at Spencer’s. If you want to learn what it is like to work at Spencer’s, you can read our article titled Spencer’s Employment Tips.
Spencer’s Jobs and Careers
The stuff sold at Spencer’s is pretty much the same as the stuff sold at its rival Hot Topic. Spencer’s is the primary destination for entertainment, excitement, and fun for over 65 years. Spencer’s is targeting teenagers and young adults aged between 18-24, trying to inspire them with colorful and fun products. Life is a party and Spencer’s is here to turn it into fun! If you have a personality with high energy, you are good with technology, you are independent and humorous (basically, if you have a teen spirit), you are always welcomed to work at a Spencer’s store.
How do I apply for a job at Spencer’s?
- Go to the career website of Spencer’s.
- Enter a keyword such as job title or category, and/or select a location by writing the name of the city or postal code. Then click the magnifying glass image.
- The list of relevant jobs will be shown on the page below the search toolbar.
- On the left part of the page, you can see additional tools to filter out irrelevant results. Find the “Company” section there and click “Spencer’s” to only see job openings at Spencer’s stores.
- Click a job title when you encounter a nice job opening while browsing the list.
- Read the job description. Then click “APPLY”.
- You will be redirected to a new page. If you are a new user looking to apply for the first time, click “START HERE”. You should create a new account and then successfully sign in to your account.
- Then, you will reach the online job application form of Spencer’s. Fill it out, provide any additional requested documents, and submit the application to Spencer’s.
Spencer’s Job Vacancies & Opportunities
Sales associate, stock associate, sales supervisor, store manager, assistant store manager, district sales manager, eCommerce promotions manager, SQL developer, photography studio supervisor, production artist, merchandise operations and process improvement analyst.
Minimum Age to Work: 18
Hours of Operation: Monday-Saturday 10:00am-9:00pm, Sunday 12:00am-5:00pm.
Printable Job Application Form PDF: Not available.
Job Positions & Salaries
Sales Associate: You will welcome guests, and help them with their shopping experience. You need to have general information about the products that are sold in the store. You will earn $8/hour.
Sales Supervisor: You will train new employees and create schedules for them. You need to keep stock items in check. You will earn $10/hour.
Management: You will hire new employees. You will be responsible for the financial welfare of the store. You will be the leader of your department. You will earn at least $35,000 per year.
Prerequisite: Experience in the business.
Spencer’s Employee Benefits
The employee benefits at Spencer’s can be grouped in four categories, which are Compensation & Financial Planning, Health & Wellness, Perks, and Time Off.
A competitive salary, an aggressive bonus plan, advancement opportunities,
life & AD&D insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, and short and long term disability coverage are provided to eligible Spencer’s employees, in addition to access to the corporate gym, flexible spending account for healthcare costs, medical, dental and vision insurance, an employee assistance program, a wellness program with incentivized discounts, and telemedicine benefits. Also, there is paid time off for full-time & part-time eligible associates (e.g. holiday time).
Spencer’s Job Application Form PDF
The printable job application form of Spencer’s is currently unavailable on the internet. Therefore, you need to make an online application, if you want to get hired by the company as soon as possible. Good luck with your application!