Founded in 1936, Smithfield Foods is the biggest pig and pork producer company in the world. Smithfield Foods is based in Smithfield, Virginia. Smithfield Foods operates under the parent company WH Group. In the United States, more than 2,500 Smithfield farms are operating to grow Smithfield’s pigs. It is estimated that there are more than 50 Smithfield Foods facilities across the United States. In these facilities, thousands of employees are working. It is known that more than 50,000 Smithfield Foods employees operating not only in the United States, but also in Mexico, Poland, Romania, Germany, and the United Kingdom.
How do I apply for a job at Smithfield Foods?
- Go to the career website of Smithfield Foods.
- Click on the button on the left that says “Search Available Positions.”
- On that page, you can see the list of available positions offered by Smithfield Foods. You can narrow down and facilitate your search by selecting your state, city, and department.
- After narrowing down your search to the smallest bits, click the “Details” button next to a job offer with a relevant title. A new page will open.
- On the next page, you can see a brief overview of the job. Moreover, you can read and learn about your opportunities as an employee, your responsibilities, your qualifications, and other information related to the position.
- If everything you have read so far sounds good to you, click on the “Apply for this job online” button which is positioned at the top-right of the page.
- In order to begin your application, you must enter your e-mail address.
Smithfield Foods Job Vacancies & Opportunities
Plenty of entry-level job opportunities are available at Smithfield Foods for inexperienced job seekers who also don’t have any skills in the food production industry yet. Among such jobs are shipping clerk, forklift operator, warehouse worker, hog loader, load crew member, hog receiver, general production worker, delivery driver, maintenance technician, machine operator, night sanitation worker, material handler, dishwasher, host service associate, sales representative, feed mill operator, herdsperson, grain elevator laborer, electrician, and many more. In addition to these jobs, there are management jobs in the facilities and head office jobs in the corporate offices of Smithfield Foods.
Printable Job Application Form PDF: Not available.
Job Positions & Salaries
General Production: You will handle materials and use hand tools, knives, machinery, and equipment to help deliver good food responsibly. You will perform physically demanding and repetitive work that requires good hand-eye coordination, attention to detail, strength, and stamina. According to the company, you must be available to occasionally work scheduled hours, which may include mandatory overtime, depending upon production demands.
Smithfield Foods Job Application Form PDF
There is no printable job application form on the web that job seekers who apply to Smithfield Foods in person can use. We recommend that you visit the career website of Smithfield Foods and submit an online application for a job that is listed on the company’s career website.