Shopko was an American retailer company which was selling all kind of lifestyle products from house products to contacts lenses. The company was offering furniture, jewelry, beauty products, market, and housewares with clothing products. James Ruben with investors opened the first store in Green Bay, Wisconsin in March 1961. In June 2019, the company announced its bankruptcy and closed all its stores excluding 81 optical locations, which are still open in 2020, including Iowa, Idaho, Illinois, and Michigan. Shopko had as many as 18,000 employees with revenue of $3.3 billion in 2018 before bankruptcy.
Shopko Jobs and Careers
If you are curious about this change in this big company, you should definitely search for their success story from retailer stores into just optics! In May 2019, the brand decided to recreate the brand mission on optics and eye health, leaning on the fact that Shopko is trusted for more than 40 years with its success in eye health care. If you are doing your degree in being an ophthalmologist and want to practice at a reputable company, you should try Shopko!
How do I apply for a job at Shopko?
- Go to Shopko’s official career website.
- Use the search bar to write down keywords to make your job search easier.
- A new page will open and you will see the list of the available jobs at Shopko locations.
- If you are interested in one of the jobs, click on the arrow sign on the right.
- Now, you can read further about the job description.
- Click on the “Apply” button below if you decide to apply for this job.
- You have to log in to proceed. If you don’t have an account yet, you can also log in with one of your social media accounts such as LinkedIn, Google or Facebook accounts.
- Finalize your application by entering your personal information.
Job Positions: Optometrist, independent doctor of optometry.
Printable Job Application Form PDF: Not available.
Job Positions & Salaries
Optometrist: At the Shopko Optical Centers, you will provide complete eye care services including eye exams, contact lens fitting, refractive services, diagnosis and treatment of eye diseases, cataract and refractive surgery co-management operations. While working, you will be expected to demonstrate Shopko Optical’s commitment to providing exceptional patient care through a solution-oriented and flexible customer service approach.
Prerequisite: OD Degree from ACOE approved College of Optometry. Being a state licensed optometrist.
Shopko Job Application Form PDF
There is no printable job application form of Shopko on the internet. Therefore, you are recommended to visit the employment website of the company and make an online job application. Good luck!