Rent-A-Center is an American renting company that is mainly renting electronics and public furniture. The principle of the company stems from the idea that occurred to Ernie Talley in 1960 in Wichita, Kansas. Customers are renting some goods so long enough to pay the actual cost of it, so they have the right to own it.
Rent-to-own mentality comes from this idea. In 1973, Ernie Talley got partnered with W. Frank Barton to open the corporation in Wichita, Kansas. The company has 22,200 employees today. The company is operating in 31 states today with its 162 stores, including stores in Wisconsin and Minnesota.
Rent-A-Center Jobs and Careers
Rent-A-Center was ranked the 711th company among its 1000 competitors on the Fortune 1000 list in recent years. These companies are the 1000 largest corporations based in the United States. Rent-A-Center is providing top-class electronics, computers, furniture and household appliances. Work experience at Rent-A-Center would look great in your CV as it will be a reference for your future plans and goals because this working environment will teach you a great deal of useful information about the business! Apply for a job at Rent-A-Center to gain priceless experience in this reputable company!
How do I apply for a job at Rent-A-Center?
- Go to the career website of Rent-A-Center.
- Use the search toolbar to find suitable job positions for you. Click on the “Search” button.
- A new page will open, on which you will see job openings listed according to your decisions.
- Choose one of the interesting and suitable jobs from the list. Click on the “View Job” button.
- Read the entire job description in detail that you see on the new page.
- Click on the blue “Apply Now” button on the above.
- You have to log in to proceed with your application. You can log in with your LinkedIn, Facebook, Google, or Yahoo accounts.
- Finalize your application by clicking on the “Submit” button after providing your personal information.
Job Positions: Customer account representative, credit assistant manager, sales assistant, sales assistant manager.
Printable Job Application Form PDF: Not available.
Job Positions & Salaries
Customer Account Representative: You will be actively involved in communications with the customers of Rent-A-Center. You will be expected to maintain a friendly and positive manner while interacting with the customers.
Sales Assistant: You will educate the customers on price options, features, and benefits of the rental agreement. You will aim to make sure that customers receive their merchandise and the store receives payment. You will improve store operations by building solid relationships with other team members. You should also be vigilant with account records and help customers bring expired accounts up to date.
Sales Assistant Manager: You will positively impact customer growth and revenue and ensure store credit is maintained at an appropriate level through sales activities, account management while providing total customer satisfaction. You will also help manage profit by following established policies and procedures including, but not limited to, cash and inventory controls and order verifications. You will accomplish these in a way that is consistent with the RAC mission statement and core values.
Prerequisite: 19 years of age. High school diploma or GED. Valid driver’s license and clean driving record. 1 year of retail/customer service, sales, or collections experience.
- Customer Support Representative – $13.20 per hour
- Delivery Driver – $13.72 per hour
- Mover – $13.95 per hour
- Retail Assistant Manager – $14.73 per hour
- Customer Service Account Representative – $13.85 per hour
- Sales Assistant – $15.14 per hour
- Collection Agent – $13.22 per hour
- Account Manager – $13.99 per hour
- Assistant Manager – $15.07 per hour
Rent-A-Center Job Application Form PDF
There is no printable job application form of Rent-A-Center on the internet. Therefore, you are recommended to visit the employment website of the company and make an online job application. Good luck!