Murphy USA is an American company that is operating a chain of retail gas stations. Most gas stations are located close to Walmart stores. Murphy USA was founded in 2013 as a spin-off of the famous Murphy Oil. Today, Murphy USA is one of the largest American corporations by revenue. There are over 1,400 Murphy USA retail gas stations in 26 states in the United States today. You can buy popular snacks and drinks in addition to gas at these stations.
Murphy USA Jobs
Murphy USA is dedicated to supporting the local communities and families every day. The people that Murphy USA is serving are important to the company. This is the reason for the company setting high customer service standards. Great service, great prices, and high-quality fuel are all present at a Murphy USA location. The company believes in being open and supportive as a team, and celebrating our daily successes! Working at Murphy USA means going to work each day, since the workplace is a positive, productive environment. Be an employee, who fuels a brighter future for yourself and your family. Join Murphy USA!
How do I apply for a job at Murphy USA?
- Go to the career website of Murphy USA.
- Choose your career area on the left section of the web page.
- Scroll down and you will see the job openings list. You can filter by job location.
- Click on a great job opportunity.
- Read the job description in its entirety.
- Click “APPLY NOW” if you really liked the job position.
- To continue, you must sign in with your email address and password, or sign in with your LinkedIn, Facebook or Twitter account. If you don’t have an account yet, click the respective link at the bottom of the page and create a new account. You can continue and finish your online application after you successfully sign in.
Minimum Age to Work: Generally 18 years of age. 19 in Alabama and 21 in Illinois.
Hours of Operation: Monday-Wednesday 6:00am-12:00am, Thursday-Saturday 6:00am-1:00am;, Sunday 7:00am-11:30pm.
Job Positions: Cashier, store shift lead, assistant manager, store manager.
Printable Job Application Form PDF: Not available.
Job Positions & Salaries
Cashier: You will assist customers with purchases and fuel transactions. You will also operate cash registers and restock merchandise. You will be expected to provide prompt, efficient and courteous customer service, by responding and resolving all customers’ requests and concerns.
Store Shift Lead: You will assist Store Managers in daily tasks at the store. You will provide an excellent shopping environment by ensuring the interior, exterior and bathroom areas are kept clean. You will be responsible for the store opening and closing events. You will train new Cashiers on daily duties. You will complete some paperwork when necessary.
Prerequisite: High school diploma or GED, or 6 months of related job experience. 3 months of Cashier experience.
Assistant Manager: You will interact with the customers, lead the store team and deliver legendary customer service at your Murphy USA store. You should be able to perform all Cashier duties, plus you will support the Store Manager in all store operations.
- Cashier – $10.03 per hour
- Store Manager – $43,845 per year
- Gas Station Attendant – $9.31 per hour
- Shift Leader / Assistant Manager – $11.86 per hour
- Customer Service Representative – $9.24 per hour
Murphy USA Job Application Form PDF
Murphy USA doesn’t provide any printable job application form for offline job applicants. Visit the official website of Murphy USA and make an online application to this great company.
Murphy USA Interview Process and Interview Questions
You will be invited to an interview after you submit an application for a job at Murphy USA. The interview will take about 10 to 15 minutes. Your availability and work experience will be asked. Then, details of the job position and the dress code will be explained. Also, the company’s expectations from employees will be stated. Finally, if you will be offered the job in the end, you will be told that you should go through training before you start your job. The hiring process at Murphy USA takes about one or two weeks from start to end.