Metro Inc is a Canadian supermarket chain. It is different than Metro AG, which is a Germany-based famous supermarket chain. Metro Inc is operating in the Canadian provinces of Quebec and Ontario with its 950 grocery stores and 650 drugstores. The first Metro store was opened in 1947. Today, Metro Inc is one of the top three Canadian food retailers alongside Sobeys and Loblaws. Metro Inc is the owner of many supermarket brands including Food Basics and Super C. There are 90,000 employees working for Metro Inc at the present time.
How do I apply for a job at Metro Inc?
There are two ways of applying for a job at Metro Inc. One is applying for a job in person by physically going to a Metro store near your home, and the other is applying online on the career website of Metro Inc. Here are the steps you should take to successfully apply for a job at Metro Inc:
- Go to the career website of Metro Inc.
- You will see six links, which are Distribution Center Positions, Office Positions, Pharmacy Positions, Store Positions, Internship and New Graduate Positions, and View All Positions. Click one of these links to see the list of job openings at Metro Inc.
- After you click a link, a new page will open. Search for jobs by keyword/location and click the “Search Jobs” button. You will see the job list below on the page.
- You can then sort jobs by title, position type, location, and department.
- Click a job title to read more information about the position.
- After you read the job details on the new page, click “Apply now” if you like the job position. You can apply with LinkedIn or you can apply directly.
- You should create an account on the website of the company to proceed to the online job application form page. You should fill it out and submit it to Metro Inc online.
Metro Inc Job Vacancies & Opportunities
The most common job positions at Metro Inc for entry-level job seekers are the store associate and order picker positions. Usually, no qualifications are sought in candidates applying for these positions. Additionally, there are various other positions that require more skills such as warehouse supervisor, environmental advisor, project manager, cash reporting supervisor, and eCommerce customer acquisition and retention specialist.
Printable Job Application Form PDF: Available.
Job Positions & Salaries
Order Picker: You will work independently in the warehouse, listen to and follow orders from a voice-recognition headset system, and manually locate and pick product cases weighing up to 50 lbs. You will drive a motorized single/double pallet jack to transport pallets to be packaged and shipped. You will be responsible for the daily safety check of equipment for safe operation.
Metro Inc Job Application Form PDF
Below, you can find the link to the printable job application form of Metro Inc. You can print it after you open the document on a computer. Then, you can fill it out with your pen in blue or black ink and deliver it to a Metro Inc store near your home.
The job application form of Metro Inc consists of 2 pages. First, write the name of the position that you are applying for, select the type of employment, and select the location. Next, provide your personal data, educational background, and employment history. Answer some other questions. Indicate your availability by filling out the schedule given on the second page. Finally, read the statement below the schedule, sign and date the form. Do not write anything in the red-framed section since it is meant to be completed by the interviewer. Now, you can submit this form to the manager of a Metro store in your location.