Macy’s Jobs and Careers
Macy’s is an American department store chain. Popular job positions at Macy’s for entry-level job seekers are warehouse associate and sales associate. If you like human interaction, the sales associate position is recommended to you.
As a sales associate at Macy’s, you will be dealing with customers of all kinds about various issues. Cash transactions, listening to customer complaints, and organizing the shelves are among the duties of a Macy’s sales associate.
If you are introverted and/or you would like a job with less talk, go for the warehouse associate position at Macy’s. You will be mostly organizing the stockroom of a Macy’s store, which requires physical strength to some extent but the job does not involve so much communication.
Below are some of the most popular job positions at Macy’s:
- Warehouse Associate
- Sales Associate
- Department Manager
How do I apply for a job at Macy’s online?
To submit an online job application to Macy’s, read the steps below.
- Go to the official career website of Macy’s.
- Enter any job title, skill, or keyword in the search bar titled “FIND JOBS”. Enter any city, state, or country in the search bar titled “NEAR LOCATION”. Click the magnifying glass icon to see results.
- If you are specifically searching for a Store job, a Technology job, a Supply Chain job, a Merchandising job, or a Digital job, you can click the corresponding links below those search bars.
- If you are looking forward to working in a beauty position at Macy’s, click the link below the search bars on the page as well.
- No matter which way you choose, you will see the job listings on a new page.
- Click any job title when you find a nice job opportunity near where you live.
- A pop-up window will appear. There, you can read the job description including a job overview, essential functions, qualifications and competencies, physical requirements, etc.
- Click the “APPLY NOW” button at the bottom of the page to advance to the online application step.
- Enter your email address. In addition, you need to agree with the Terms and Conditions on that page in order to be allowed to continue. Click “NEXT” to continue.
- You will reach the page, on which the online application form of Macy’s is provided. Fill out the application form and after that, submit it to Macy’s by clicking the “SUBMIT” button at the end of the page.
Macy’s Job Application Form PDF
There is no printable job application form on the internet that you can use if you want to submit an in-store application to Macy’s. Still, you can always make an online job application by going to the official job application website of Macy’s.
Printable Job Application Form PDF: Not available.
Macy’s has nearly 600 stores and about 130,000 employees are working in these stores. In 2015, Macy’s was named to be the largest department store chain in the US.
Work at Macy’s
If you would like to work with a company that makes something as simple as selling clothing supplies exciting, you’re at the right place! Fill out the application form today and don’t miss any of the in-store events, styling, gifting tips, or celebrations that you should mark on your calendar, starting from today! Find the remarkable you at Macy’s!
After you submit an online application to Macy’s, soon you will receive an email regarding your application. They will send you a schedule and ask you to specify a date and time for your interview. If you are applying for a seasonal position, the interview will be conducted over the phone without the need of you coming to a Macy’s store for an interview. Basic questions such as your job-related skills and experience, the reason for you preferring Macy’s as your next employer, your level of willingness to be a part of a team and availability are asked during the interview. After the interview, if the interviewer thinks that you have provided satisfying answers, a job will be offered to you.
After the application and interview processes end and you get hired, there will be computer-based training for hours at Macy’s. You will learn how to use the computer system of Macy’s, how to process payments, etc. Then there is some shadowing, which is the process that a new inexperienced employee observes an experienced employee in the same position during their work.
Macy’s Working Culture
Your shifts are defined and structured if you are a permanent store employee. However, you need to go get your shifts if you are a seasonal employee. This means that a manager might not assign you your shifts, thus you need to ask the manager for shifts. In some departments (e.g. make-up department), you get hourly pay + commission. In such departments, it is known that there is a lot of competition between co-workers because every employee wants to attract the attention of the most number of customers. Macy’s now has a separate return area and return register for returns. Many employees have reported that dealing with returns is definitely a hard job.
There is one manager for each department at a Macy’s store. During your employment at Macy’s, you get to meet different types of managers and customers, and if you work in multiple departments, you will get to know useful information such as what are the most popular fashion items, what are the most comfortable beddings, or what is the most high-quality oven. The shoe department is the busiest department at a Macy’s store.
Career Development at Macy’s
Even if it is your first job and you are working in an entry-level position, you have the opportunity to learn new things and to get your manager’s attention. You will eventually be promoted if you demonstrate high performance during work. During your employment, you will have the opportunity to learn things in other areas within the store to grow as an employee. We advise you to not miss this chance if you want to pursue a career in retail.
To conclude, the pay rate may seem low when you think about all the work you have to do during your shifts. But it actually depends on your expectations. A job at Macy’s can also be a great second part-time job and an opportunity for career advancement, because you learn a lot by working at a Macy’s store. The satisfaction that you will have during your employment will also depend on the store location and the store management team.