Family Dollar is the second-largest American variety store chain. It has 8,000 locations in 46 states. The company was founded in 1959 in Charlotte, North Carolina. Since 2015, it is a subsidiary company of Dollar Tree. You can find clothing, cleaning supplies, home decor and grocery at Family Dollar stores. Earlier this year, it was announced that 400 Family Dollar stores are planned to close nationwide.
Plenty of different job positions are offered at Family Dollar stores for candidates with little to no work experience. The most popular positions among those are cashier and customer service representative. These jobs are considered entry-level, and they may be demanding sometimes, but the job duties are generally repetitive and simple overall. In addition to these jobs, there are positions such as assistant store manager, field specialist, store manager, district manager, and more jobs as higher-level positions.
Customer Service Representative
As a customer service representative, you are going to handle the request, complaints, and wishes of the customers. Your main duty is to provide great customer service to the guests of the store by engaging in an approachable and positive manner. Moreover, you can recommend products to customers or inform them about recent deals, promotions, or sales.
During your shift, you may have to restock the shelves and escort customers to the product areas to help them find what they are looking for quickly. Your supervisor may assign you new tasks during your shift and you will have to work in a team. Thus, you need to be able to work independently as well as in a team.
Job Application Form PDF
Unfortunately, an up-to-date printable job application form is unavailable for Family Dollar. Hence, you should visit the official website of Family Dollar and make an online application.
Printable Job Application Form PDF: Not available.
How To Apply Online
- Go to the official career website of Family Dollar.
- If you seek hourly employment at Family Dollar, click the “SEARCH & APPLY” button under the “Store Associate Positions” title on the page. Otherwise, you should select a state to begin your search for a retail store management position.
- After clicking “SEARCH & APPLY”, you will be redirected to the job search page of Family Dollar.
- Write any keywords and/or location info, then click “Search” to see job openings that match your search criteria.
- The list of jobs will be provided on the same page after you click it.
- You can even further narrow down the results by filtering by location and company name.
- Click the job title of a job offer that attracts you.
- Read the job description, summary of the position, principal job duties and responsibilities, and minimum requirements and qualifications for the job.
- Click “Apply” at the end of the page if you decide to apply for that job.
- You need to create an account on Family Dollar’s career website and then sign in to continue.
- The final step requires you to fill out the online application form and submit it to Family Dollar.
Are you curious about why Family Dollar has expanded to 8,000 locations? Have you ever thought about why people are shopping at these stores happily? The key to the success of Family Dollar is providing people with anything they are ever looking for, plus having happy employees at their stores. As we keep the positive vibe in the atmosphere at Family Dollar stores in our minds, we are inviting you to join this huge family.
Minimum Age to Work: 18
Hours of Operation: Every day 9:00am-9:00pm
Soon after you submit an application at Family Dollar, you will be invited to an interview. The interview process at Family Dollar is fast and easy because of the constant need for employees that fill the job openings at the stores. The interview contains a few questions. The reason for your interest in Family Dollar, your previous work experience, and the expectations from your employment at Family Dollar are questions that will likely be asked during the interview. After the interview, it will not take a long time before the company reaches you and offers you a job.