Family Dollar is the second-largest American variety store chain. It has 8,000 locations in 46 states. The company was founded in 1959 in Charlotte, North Carolina. Since 2015, it is a subsidiary company of Dollar Tree. You can find clothing, cleaning supplies, home decor and grocery at Family Dollar stores. Earlier this year, it was announced that 400 Family Dollar stores are planned to close nationwide.
Family Dollar Jobs
Are you curious about why Family Dollar has expanded to 8,000 locations? Have you ever thought about why people are shopping at these stores happily? The key to the success of Family Dollar is providing people with anything they are ever looking for, plus having happy employees at their stores. As we keep the positive vibe in the atmosphere at Family Dollar stores in our mind, we are inviting you to join this huge family.
How to Apply
- Go to the official career website of Family Dollar.
- You will see a pyramid of job positions. Click on a job position. Next to it, you will see the “Apply for these jobs” button.
- Click on it.
- You will be redirected to a new page.
- Using the search bar on the new page, you can search your desired job position and location by pressing “Search”.
- A list of jobs will be provided.
- Click on a good job position, then read the detailed description of the job position carefully.
- At the end of the job description, you will see “Apply for job” button. Click on it.
- To proceed, you need to sign in or you can choose to simply proceed without signing in.
Minimum Age to Work: 18
Hours of Operation: Every day 9:00am-9:00pm
Job Positions: Cashier, customer service representative, assistant manager, store manager.
Printable Job Application Form PDF: Not available.
Positions & Salaries
Cashier: You will receive payments of the customers of Family Dollar. You are expected to friendly and energetic, and smile frequently.
Customer Service Representative: You will greet the customers, assist them while shopping, and provide useful information to the guests. You will be standing/walking during work hours, and you are expected to be reachable by the customers at any given time.
Assistant Manager: You will execute the operational tasks that are given by the Store Manager. You will have to monitor the entry-level employees so that they work effectively.
Store Manager: You will hire and train new employees, and drive the general operations of your Family Dollar store. The overall success of your store will depend on your performance.
Prerequisite: 3 years of management experience.
Family Dollar Application Form PDF
Unfortunately, an up-to-date printable job application form is unavailable for Family Dollar. Hence, you should visit the official website of Family Dollar and make an online application.
If you have any other questions, you can send an email to