H&R Block is an American tax preparation company. It was founded in 1955 in Kansas City, Missouri by the Bloch brothers. Today, the company is operating in North America, Australia and India. It has 12,000 retail tax offices, at which over 90,000 employees are currently working. H&R Block also provides payroll and business consulting services. Two years ago, it has been stated by the CEO of the company that H&R Block would be aimed to grow.
Tax professional, team leader, tax office support, field instructor, tax advisor, bookkeeper, team leader, associate team leader.
Job Application Form PDF
H&R Block does not provide any printable job application form for in-person applicants. Visit the official website of H&R Block to make an online application to this company.
Printable Job Application Form PDF: Not available.
How To Apply Online
- Go to H&R Block’s official career website.
- There are five employment options there, which are: tax office opportunities, corporate opportunities, tax pro training, field leader development, and internships. Most job seekers choose the “tax office opportunities” option.
- Click the “View Tax Office Opportunities” button.
- You can search for your desired job by using the search bars on the new page. Click the yellow “Search” button to see job offers.
- While browsing the job offers that you might be interested in, click a job title of an offer that is compatible with your current desires very well.
- Read what you will do in the job position and the required education, experience, and knowledge for the job.
- Click “Apply Now” at the bottom left of the page.
- You need to create an account and sign in if you want to view the online job application form of H&R Block.
H&R Block has successfully made the life of thousands of people easier by providing them with exclusive, personalized tax preparation services. By working at H&R Block, you can enjoy your job as it will be personalized according to your needs. No matter what job position you work in, your performance will be important for the company’s success. Besides, you will earn a fair wage during your employment at H&R Block.
H&R Block was recently selected as one of the best employers according to the latest lists of many organizations. For example, according to the Human Rights Campaign 2020, H&R Block was one of the best workplaces to endorse equal employment opportunities to LGBTQ people. Also, according to the latest lists of Forbes, H&R Block is one of the best employers for diversity, for women, and for newly graduated students. Moreover, H&R Block employees have a higher satisfaction of their work-life balance, compared to most of the other US companies, according to Comparably 2019.
Minimum Age to Work: 18
Hours of Operation: Monday-Wednesday 10:00am-4:00pm, Thursday 1:00pm-7:00pm, Friday 12:00pm-6:00pm, Saturday 10:00am-4:00pm. Closed Sunday.
Job Positions & Salaries
Tax Professional: You will establish relationships with clients, look at their current life situations and find ways to provide help regarding taxes.
Prerequisite: Completing tax-training program.
Team Leader: You will perform daily supervision and coaching of office associates. You will be responsible for the overall operations at H&R Block tax offices, and for the financial results. You will be building and maintaining relationships with local businesses.
Tax Office Support: You will be either a receptionist, tax preparer assistant, bookkeeper, etc. Willingness to make a difference in the lives of H&R Block clients is the key to success at this job position.
H&R Block offers its employees nice benefits including sick leave, bonuses, free tax prep and identity protection (discounts for friends and family), flexible schedules, and nice co-workers in a great work environment. However, since people often work at H&R Block only during tax seasons, the company doesn’t offer medical insurance most of the time. Employees who work for the long-term may receive some additional benefits. You can contact your local H&R Block to gain more information regarding H&R Block benefits.