Harveys Supermarket is an American supermarket chain. Co-founders J.M. and Iris Harvey founded this supermarket chain in Nashville, Georgia in 1924. Because it was a family business, after the company was founded, the son Joy took the company in 1950 and started to open new Harveys stores. Between 1981 to 2003, there was a rise in the quantity of Harveys Supermarket locations, from 22 stores to 43 stores.
The company now has a total of 77 stores in different states like North Carolina, Georgia, South Carolina, and Florida. The number of employees who work at Harveys Supermarkets is estimated to be 4,400. The recent parent company of Harveys Supermarkets is Southeastern Grocers. Harveys Supermarkets locations are offering services of producing grocery goods.
Harveys Supermarket Jobs
The greatest growth of the Harveys Supermarkets occurred when the Delhaize Group bought the 43 stores in 2003 for $26.1 million. Lots of Food Lion market centers turned into Harveys Supermarkets as production, procurement, back offices, and supply chain. The company kept expanding then to make their place in people’s hearts unforgettable. So, if you have personal goals in your life of working in a friendly and hard-working environment, you should look at the job positions at your local Harveys location(s). You can learn, and you can grow for your next journey in your career and gain some unforgettable memories during your period of work at Harvey Supermarkets.
How do I apply for a job at Harveys Supermarket?
- Go to the career website of Southeastern Grocers. If you want to apply for a job at Harveys Supermarket, the main website of Harveys Supermarket will lead you directly to the Segrocers’ website.
- You have to write down a keyword about the job position and you have to choose the location you want to work at.
- After you use the search toolbar, you will see the job list opening at Harveys Supermarket.
- Choose the job title of one of the jobs that seem interesting to you. Click on the name of the job.
- A new page will open. Read further detailed information about the job and the job description.
- If you want to proceed, click on the “Apply for this job online” button on the right.
- You have to enter your e-mail address to continue.
- To finalize your application, upload your resume. You can build your profile by logging in with your Facebook, LinkedIn, Google, or Microsoft accounts. If you don’t have one, fill in your personal information.
Job Positions: Cashier associate, bagger, produce associate, night stocker, bakery associate, grocery associate, meat associate, store manager in training, deli associate, customer service associate, cake decorator, store merchandise manager, store manager, certified licensed pharmacy tech.
Printable Job Application Form PDF: Not available.
Job Positions & Salaries
Cashier Associate: You will be responsible for increasing customer confidence and loyalty by providing accurate, fast and courteous customer checkout. You will maintain financial responsibility in your service lane during work. You will be expected to provide continuous attention to customer needs; greet, assist and thank customers in a prompt, courteous and friendly manner.
Grocery Associate: You will be responsible for increasing customer confidence and loyalty by providing courteous and prompt service, consistent operating conditions and a friendly atmosphere. You will have to offer product suggestions when appropriate. You will also stock and rotate department (grocery, general merchandise, dairy and frozen food areas) products to ensure freshness and date control; restock and use supply items efficiently to eliminate waste and to maintain the lowest supply cost.
Bagger: You will assist customers in unloading purchases onto the conveyor belt at the checkout. You will pack customer purchases in a manner to prevent damages, carry or push groceries in a shopping cart to the customer’s car and load groceries into the vehicle. You will also check the price of products in any department when requested.
Harveys Supermarket Job Application Form PDF
There is no printable job application form of Harveys Supermarket on the internet. Therefore, you are recommended to visit the employment website of the company and make an online job application. Good luck!