Food City is an American supermarket chain. The company is also known as K-VA-T Food Inc. Stores. The company was founded by Jack Smith in 1955 in Grundy, Virginia with three other investors, his father, uncle and Earl Smith. The first Food City store was 8,800-square-foot. Today, there are 123 different Food City stores that are mostly centered and located in Georgia, Kentucky, Tennessee, and Virginia. The company currently employs 16,000 employees. At Food City stores, the most common products are frozen foods, fresh pizza, deli, daily, fuel and Food City stores also include a pharmacy.
Food City Jobs
The company’s main priority is providing essential daily products to the local community with great customer services. The freshness of the food and products are important for the company, because Food City is working with local farms and bakeries. The company sees the local communities as part of a big family and wants to promote their health by supplying high-quality, healthy products. If you want to have an experience in a friendly work environment, you should be applying for a position at Food City to have this reputable and historic company’s name in your resume!
How to Apply
- Go to the official career website of Food City.
- Enter a keyword, location, category, and a city about the job position you want to work.
- Click on the “Search” button on the right side of the page.
- A new page will open, on which you will see the list of jobs as a result of your filtering.
- If you are interested in one of the jobs, click on the “Apply” button on the right.
- After reading further information about the job description, click on the “Apply Now” button.
- You have to log in to proceed. If you don’t have an account yet, click on the “Start Here” button on the right.
- After creating a new account, you can upload your resume from your Dropbox, OneDrive, GoogleDrive accounts, or upload it via MyDocuments, or simply Copy&Paste.
- If you don’t have an account, upload your resume directly, and finalize your application.
Job Positions: Assistant meat manager, assistant produce manager, assistant stock manager, assistant deli manager, assistant store manager, baker, cake decorator, cashier, cook, courtesy clerk, food service associate, front end manager, fuel clerk, meat clerk, produce helper, seafood helper, service deli helper, stock manager, store manager, sushi chef, driver.
Printable Job Application Form PDF: Not available.
Positions & Salaries
Cashier: You will check customers, collect money from customers for purchases, and operate cash registers. You will assist with every service the store offers, and thank them for shopping with Food City.
Produce Helper: You will trim, rotate and fill produce items constantly to ensure the presentation of the finest and freshest items to the customers for purchasing. You will have to learn about each produce item, and then share your knowledge with the customers. You will be expected to educate and recommend produce items to customers.
Courtesy Clerk: You will be responsible for guest relations and satisfaction. You will perform grocery sacking and other front-end courtesy duties, such as carrying groceries to guests’ vehicles, mopping, sweeping, spill clean-up, general housekeeping, and other front-end duties as may be assigned by management.
Food City Application Form PDF
There is no printable job application form of Food City on the internet. Therefore, you are recommended to visit the employment website of the company and make an online job application. Good luck!
If you have any other questions, you can send an email to