Food Basics is a Canadian supermarket chain that is operating in Ontario with its 130 stores. The supermarket chain was established by its owners in 1995 to compete with No Frills, which is selling groceries at a greatly discounted price. The current slogan of the supermarket chain is “Always more for less!”. Since 2005, the parent company of Food Basics is Metro Inc., which is a major competitor of Loblaw Companies.
How do I apply for a job at Food Basics?
It is easy to submit an application to Food Basics. You can both apply for a job at Food Basics online on the website of the parent company of Food Basics, or visit a store in person, and apply for a job in person. To apply for a job in person, you should visit the store by yourself, and ask the manager for information about current job openings and the application process. The manager will help you.
If you prefer to quickly submit an online application for a job at Food Basics, follow these steps:
- Go to the career website of Metro Inc., which is the parent company of Food Basics.
- On the page, there is a list of jobs available at various brands owned by Metro Inc. On the right part of the page, you will see titles such as Province, Position Type, Position Category, and Banner. Under the Banner title, you will see several brands. Click on the cross image next to brand names except for Food Basics. The jobs on the list will decrease and eventually, only job openings at Food Basics will be provided at last.
- Click a job title on the list when you see an interesting job position.
- A new page will open. Read the position details. Then, if you really like the position, click on the red “APPLY NOW” button.
- You will then see a short job application form. Enter your first name, last name, email address, and phone number, then attach your resume. When you are finished, submit the application by clicking the “SUBMIT” button under the form.
Food Basics Job Vacancies & Opportunities
As in a typical supermarket chain, jobs at Food Basics stores are generally part-time and entry-level ones. Most of the positions are available to every job seeker regardless of any special qualifications. These job positions include Grocery Clerk and Cashier. For job seekers with sufficient training, there is the Pharmacy Assistant position at Food Basics pharmacy stores. Management-level jobs such as Assistant Manager and Store Manager are also available at Food Basics stores.
Printable Job Application Form PDF: Not available.
Job Positions & Salaries
Grocery Clerk / Cashier: You will ensure the quality and freshness of products on the shelves within the store. You should be an expert in-store personnel to ensure that all customers have a positive shopping experience. You will be expected to be knowledgeable of the sold products and competitive prices.
Pharmacy Assistant: You will perform all aspects of the technical act of dispensing. You will receive prescription refill requests and verbal prescriptions. You will establish and maintain patient profiles, and scans, and files patient records. You will also provide customer assistance with merchandise on the sales floor and at the cash register. Being enrolled in a Pharmacy Assistant Program, 2 years of experience in retail pharmacy, and proficiency with current PC systems, MS Office programs, and pharmacy software (Kroll) are required to apply for a Pharmacy Assistant position at Food Basics.
Food Basics Job Application Form PDF
There is no Food Basics printable job application form on the web. You are thus advised to submit an online application for a job at Food Basics, or simply visit a Food Basics store and ask the store manager for current job openings at the store location.