Duane Reade is an American pharmacy and convenience store chain. It was founded in 1960 in Lower Manhattan, New York. The name comes from the first successful full-service drugstore being between Duane and Reade Streets in Manhattan. Today, all 250 Duane Reade drugstores are located in the New York metropolitan area. In addition to pharmacy items, you can find cosmetics and greeting cards at these stores. Since 2010, Duane Reade is a subsidiary company of Walgreens Boots Alliance.
Job Application Form PDF
Unfortunately, Duane Reade does not offer any printable job application form for offline applicants. Make an online application on the official career website of Walgreens, which is Duane Reade’s parent company.
Printable Job Application Form PDF: Not available.
How To Apply Online
- Go to the official career website of Walgreens that shows job openings at Duane Reade.
- Click the “Search jobs” button.
- On the new page, write “duane reade” into the search bar titled “Keyword”. Then enter your location into the adjacent search bar. Then click “Search”.
- On a new page, you will see the list of jobs.
- Choose a job from the list and click it.
- Read the essential duties, primary responsibilities, and basic and preferred qualifications.
- Click “Apply”.
- A similar page looking like that in Step 6 will open. Click the “Apply to job” button.
- You can continue and finalize your online application for that job after you create an account and successfully sign in.
- Assistant Store Manager
- Stock Associate
- Beauty Advisor
- Store Merchandiser
- Shift Leader
- Part-Time Beauty Associate
- Full-Time Beauty Associate
- Drug Clerk
- Pharmacy Technician
- Duane Reade Salaried Pharmacist
- Pharmacy Intern
- Truck Driver
Duane Reade is the fastest-growing pharmaceutical company in New York, as it currently has lots of stores in New York streets. The mission of Duane Reade is to make New Yorkers’ lives a little easier each day, and the company needs your help at different kinds of departments, such as distribution, corporate, pharmacy and of course, stores. If you’re a motivated, enthusiastic, people-oriented person who is considering a career with Duane Reade, and you already have decided which department is the best for you, you will be welcomed at Duane Reade as a new employee.
Minimum Age to Work: 16
Hours of Operation: Most stores are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Most pharmacies have shorter open hours, such as being open Monday-Friday 7:00am-9:00pm, Saturday-Sunday 9:00am-9:00pm.
Job Positions & Salaries
Cashier: You will greet customers entering the Duane Reade store, and process all sale transactions. You will process merchandise returns and exchanges. You will try to resolve customer complaints and assist in stocking shelves.
Stockperson: You will unload, handle and move freight regularly. You will deliver processed merchandise to the sales floor, and prepare merchandise for the floor. You will enter information into computer to maintain inventory, shipping and purchasing records.
Pharmacy Technician: You will verify prescription information within Duane Reade Pharmacies. You will retrieve, count, pour, weigh and measure medication. You will prepare prescription labels. You will stock merchandise on the shelves and scan merchandise on the register.
Shift Leader: You will manage and track the financial performance of the store, control cash registers, inventory, safety and customer service levels. You should be a leader for the employee team at the store and keep them motivated. You will assume general responsibility for the store while the Assistant Manager remains absent.