Dollar General is an American retail store chain. As you can deduce from its name, the company operates as a dollar store. There are nearly 16,000 Dollar General stores in the entire US, except for some Northwestern states. About 140,000 employees are thought to be currently working at these Dollar General stores. Since 2017, the company is referred to as among the most successful American companies at the moment.
Job Application Form PDF
On our web page, you can find a printable job application form that you can use when you apply in-store for a job at Dollar General. By applying for a job in person, you will have a selective advantage over online applicants, since you will probably seem more determined for the job compared to online applicants.
Printable Job Application Form PDF: CLICK TO SEE THE FORM
How To Apply Online
If you want to apply online to Dollar General, follow these simple steps.
- Go to the official career website of Dollar General. (https://careers.dollargeneral.com/)
- Scroll down the page until you reach the bottom. You will see links to Retail Jobs, Distribution Center Jobs, Fleet Jobs, and Corporate Jobs. Click either of them.
- Suppose you clicked the Retail Jobs link. After you click the link, a new page will open. You will see a map on the new page.
- Choose your location on the map and browse jobs this way, or click the “FIND YOUR OPPORTUNITY” link right above the map.
- You will see a job list then. Use the search toolbar to perform a job search. You can search for jobs by keywords, job category, store, or location.
- When you find a nice-looking job on the list, click the job title.
- Read the company overview and job details.
- Click “Apply for this job online”.
- Enter your email address and click “Next”.
- You will then see the online job application form of Dollar General.
How to Fill Out the Online Application Form
- First, you need to create a Candidate Profile.
- Attach your resume.
- Create a login with your login info.
- Enter personal information about yourself.
- Provide some additional information.
- Give details regarding your previous employment experience.
- Certify the accuracy of the information you have provided so far. Then click “Save and Continue”.
- Then you will see 2 Candidate Questions. Answer them by selecting “Yes” or “No”.
- Finally, click “Submit” to submit the online job application to Dollar General.
- Sales Associate
- Lead Sales Associate
- Assistant Store Manager
If you are planning to start working soon but are worried because you do not have a degree or work experience, do not. You can always apply for Dollar General company and find a suitable position for yourself. Some of the jobs at the company have low hiring standards and anyone who will apply for them can get the jobs.
For example, you can apply for the sales associate position. You are going to spend most of your shift walking and standing. Your main goal is to improve customers’ experience and satisfaction. During your shift, you may have to push, pull, or lift heavy boxes up to 55 pounds too. If you are ready to work in a fast-paced environment, this position can be a great option for you to consider.
The second job you can consider is the cashier. As a cashier, you are going to help customers checkout for the products they purchase. Most of the time, you are going to work behind your desk and help customers. It is important to provide excellent customer service and follow the bagging procedures. Moreover, you need to avoid all kinds of personal discussions and focus on providing quality service.
What are the two most important assets in life? Dollar General believes that they are time and money. The company works with the motto of “Save Time. Save Money. Every Day!” to emphasize this life perspective to the customers and employees. Imagine how employees are treated while working at Dollar General, keeping in mind that the behavior that shapes the company’s purpose for its customers. Make your job application today!
After your application is submitted to Dollar General, you will be called for an interview. The duration of the interview is about 30 minutes. Sometimes, the management may require you to meet for a second and third interview with other managers.
During the interview, you will be told about the basic store operations. Being polite and wanting to learn will make you be one step ahead of other job applicants. Lastly, the background check process will be also explained, and the hourly wage will be stated. You will be asked if you have any questions. If you don’t have any, the interview process can finally be counted as complete.
The benefits package at Dollar General can be categorized into four, which are:
- health & well-being benefits
- better life wellness program
- retirement savings plan
- compensation & rewards
Leave a Reply