Checkers is a supermarket chain based in South Africa. The first Checkers store was opened in 1956 in Johannesburg. Today, there are almost 250 Checkers and Checkers Hyper stores in South Africa and a couple of other countries. Since the beginning of its history, Checkers has been pioneering in the supermarket industry in South Africa. Today, the Checkers brand is owned by Shoprite, which is the largest supermarket company in Africa. The target audience of Checkers stores is local customers whose homes are close to Checkers stores. Fresh produce, groceries, beauty products, and homeware are provided to customers by Checkers alongside financial services.
How do I apply for a job at Checkers?
You can submit an online application for a job at Checkers on the career website of Shoprite, which is the parent company of Checkers. You can also visit one of your local Checkers stores, find a manager, and ask whether you can submit an application for a job. If there are current vacancies at the time you visit the store, you will be allowed to submit an application in-store. However, if you prefer to apply online to Checkers, here are the steps that you should follow:
- Go to the official company website of Checkers.
- Look at the bottom of the page. You will see a “Careers” link there. Click it.
- The link will redirect you to the career website of Shoprite, which is the current owner of Checkers.
- Click “Work at our stores”.
- Enter your South African ID Number and click the “Next” button.
- Enter your first name, surname, cell number, email address, and home address. Click “Next” to proceed.
- Fill out the online job application form and submit it to the company. You can expect to be contacted by the company in the near future.
Checkers Job Vacancies
Typical entry-level store positions are available at Checkers stores, such as sales assistant, cashier, general worker, and packer. You don’t need to have any previous work experience in retail or supermarket to apply for an entry-level store position at Checkers. After getting hired by Checkers, you will be provided with training sessions, and after the training sessions end, you will have learned almost everything that you will need during your employment at Checkers. If you are already experienced in retail and if you also have a decent educational background, you can also apply for a management-level position at Checkers.
Checkers Job Application Form PDF
There is no printable job application form that is provided by Checkers on the web. For this reason, we recommend that you either apply to Checkers online, or directly contact your local Checkers store for employment.