Checkers is a supermarket chain based in South Africa. The first Checkers store was opened in 1956 in Johannesburg. Today, there are almost 250 Checkers and Checkers Hyper stores in South Africa and a couple of other countries. Since the beginning of its history, Checkers has been pioneering in the supermarket industry in South Africa. Today, the Checkers brand is owned by Shoprite, which is the largest supermarket company in Africa. The target audience of Checkers stores is local customers whose homes are close to Checkers stores. Fresh produce, groceries, beauty products, and homeware are provided to customers by Checkers alongside financial services.
- Sales assistant
- General worker
You will be working on the sales floor of the Checkers store. You will arrange products on the shelves. You should put the items in the correct place where they belong to. There are different areas of a Checkers store. You will be responsible for working in one or more of those areas. You should be aware of the products sold at the store because your responsibilities include providing customer service when customers need help with any product.
How To Apply
You can submit an online application for a job at Checkers on the career website of Shoprite, which is the parent company of Checkers. You can also visit one of your local Checkers stores, find a manager, and ask whether you can submit an application for a job. If there are current vacancies at the time you visit the store, you will be allowed to submit an application in-store. However, if you prefer to apply online to Checkers, here are the steps that you should follow:
- Go to the official company website of Checkers.
- Look at the bottom of the page. You will see a “Careers” link there. Click it.
- The link will redirect you to the career website of Shoprite, which is the current owner of Checkers.
- Click “Work at our stores”.
- Enter your South African ID Number and click the “Next” button.
- Enter your first name, surname, cell number, email address, and home address. Click “Next” to proceed.
- Fill out the online job application form and submit it to the company. You can expect to be contacted by the company in the near future.
Job Application Form PDF
There is no printable job application form that is provided by Checkers on the web. For this reason, we recommend that you either apply to Checkers online, or directly contact your local Checkers store for employment.
Leave a Reply