Chapters and Indigo are two major Canadian book store brands. Chapters was founded in 1995 and Indigo was founded in 1996. Formerly, Chapters was competing with Indigo. Since 2001, these two brands are operating together. There are about 200 stores of Chapters and Indigo today. Half of them have superstore formats and the rest of the stores have smaller formats. Books, music, DVDs, and gifts are typical items that are sold at Chapters and Indigo stores.
How do I apply for a job at Chapters / Indigo?
To apply for a job at a Chapters store or an Indigo store, you can either visit the store location by yourself and apply in person, or submit an online job application. An online job application is quicker than applying in-store, but the latter can increase your chances of being hired.
Here are the simples steps you should follow in order to successfully submit an online job application for a job at a Chapters or an Indigo store:
- Go to the official company career website that shows both job openings at Chapters and Indigo stores.
- On the page, you will see three categories, which are Home Office, Stores, and Distribution & Supply. Click “VIEW JOBS” under the category title of one of these categories.
- You will be redirected to a new page, on which you can see the list of job openings at Chapters and Indigo stores. You can search for jobs by title or location. You can also filter jobs on the list depending on the location, job level, department and job type.
- Click a job title when you see a promising job position on the job list.
- Read the job details. Click “Apply” if you decide to apply for the job online.
- You will have reached the online job application form page. Fill out the form with personal information and information about your education, experience, and social media accounts. Also, you should upload your resume. In the following blank on the page, you can let the company know about your interest in working there. Then click “Next”.
- Answer the preliminary multiple-choice questions. Specify your availability. Read the statement about personal data. Check the box if you agree. At last, you can submit the application to the company by clicking the “Submit” button.
Chapters / Indigo Job Vacancies & Opportunities
The most common job position at a Chapters or an Indigo store is Customer Experience Representative. You don’t have to be a highly educated or experienced person to apply for this position. Higher-level jobs include customer experience leader, operations leader, customer experience manager, category manager (toys), distribution centre team lead, and general manager. These higher-level jobs may require candidates to have more qualifications, compared to the Customer Experience Representative position.
Printable Job Application Form PDF: Not available.
Job Positions & Salaries
Customer Experience Representative: You will engage and inspire the customers on the sales floor. You will be expected to make meaningful connections with the customers by creating a warm and welcoming environment in the store. You should leverage the products to tell stories and thus to add joy to the customers’ lives. You will be expected to curate specific product collections for each customer you meet.
Customer Experience Leader: Your job will be to support the head of the store and ensure the store is well-run, well-merchandised and well-staffed. You will coordinate and communicate the daily task assignments and communicate sales goals to the Customer Experience Representatives. You should ensure goals are achieved and identifying areas that require merchandising attention. You will follow pre-opening, post-opening and closing procedures.
Chapters / Indigo Job Application Form PDF
There is no printable job application form for either Chapters or Indigo. You can submit an online application for a job on the company career website.