Champs Sports is an American sportswear retail store. It was founded in 1984. Since then, the stores of the company has expanded throughout the U.S. and the nearby countries, such as Canada, Puerto Rico, and U.S. Virgin Islands. There are about 550 Champs Sports stores in the present day. Champs Sports is a subsidiary company of Foot Locker, which is a giant in the shoe store business.
Champs Sports Jobs and Careers
Sales associate, management trainee, shift manager, assistant manager, store manager.
How do I apply for a job at Champs Sports?
- Go to the career website of Foot Locker, which is the parent company of Champs Sports.
- You can search for jobs according to job title, keyword, skill, city, state, or zip. Click “SEARCH JOBS” to see the list of job openings.
- On the new page, look at the panel on the left part of the page. There is a “BRAND” section. Click it. Check the box corresponding to Champs Sports. Then, you will automatically see job openings only at Champs Sports.
- You can further refine your search by playing with that panel.
- When you finally find a nice job opportunity, click the job title of it.
- Read the job overview. Then, click the “APPLY NOW” button.
- A new tab will open. Enter your email address and click “Next”.
- You will then reach the online job application form. Fill it out and submit it to the company through the website.
Champs Sports Job Application Form PDF
In addition to making an online job application, you can also submit a hard copy of a job application form to a Champs Sports location. This way, you are more likely than online applicants to get recruited.
Printable Job Application Form PDF: Available.
Work at Champs Sports
Champs Sports is a good company to work at. You will be doing something easy, in a happy environment with good music in the background. Best of all, you’ll be working in a sports store with fun people! Don’t miss the chance to own all those benefits as well as a good salary. Apply now and start working with Champs Sports!
Minimum Age to Work: 16
Hours of Operation: Monday-Saturday 10:00am-9:00pm, Sunday 12:00pm-7:00pm.
Job Positions & Salaries
Sales Associate: You need to have knowledge about the products sold at Champs Sports, and maintain high customer satisfaction. You can ask the customers what they need, and suggest the products that they would love.
Management Trainee: You will coach and motivate your team of sales associates. You will do the job of managers, at a lower level.
Shift Manager: You will oversee the employees and ensure that all duties in the store are fulfilled successfully. You need to be able to perform the duties of sales associates. Also, when the store manager is absent, you will do the job of the manager.
Prerequisite: 1 year of retail experience.
Assistant Manager: You will be the bridge between the store manager and lower-level employees. Having good communication skills and being excelled at multitasking will make you a successful assistant manager.
Store Manager: You will be responsible for the performance of the employees, which will reflect on the financial performance of the store. You will recruit new employees and train them if there is a need.
Prerequisite: 2 years of experience in the sales business. Strong mathematical skills.
Champs Sports Employee Benefits
The main benefits that are provided to employees of Champs Sports are employee discounts, health insurance, and dental insurance. Sometimes, there is paid time off, but some employees have reported that there are no paid holidays. Still, great flexibility at work, a great employee discount, tuition reimbursement and free meals are provided to a large percentage of Champs Sports employees.