Canadian Tire is a large company that is operating in Canada. It is in the automotive, hardware, sports, leisure, and housewares sectors. There are 500 Canadian Tire stores in Canada today. By being established in 1922, the company is one of the oldest companies in Canada. Canadian Tire has grown so great that it is the current owner of various brands including Sport Chek, Mark’s, PartSource, Atmosphere, National Sports, and more.
How do I apply for a job at Canadian Tire?
You can either submit an in-person application by entering a Canadian Tire store in person, or you can quickly submit an online application for a job on the own company website of Canadian Tire. Although applying in person will take more time, this way of submitting a job application usually ends in a higher rate of employment.
Here are the steps of submitting an online application for a job at Canadian Tire:
- Go to the retail career website of Canadian Tire.
- You will find two sections titled Retail Management and Retail Associates. In each section, you will see the logos of brands owned by Canadian Tire, including the own logo of Canadian Tire itself. Click on it to see job openings.
- You will be redirected to a new page. On the new page, there is a search bar at the top. You can enter keywords and/or location and click “Search” to find job openings at Canadian Tire. Instead, you can browse available jobs by using the right section of the page. You can click on the “See All” button under the Retail Sales and Customer Service, Automotive Parts and Service, Management, Warehouse, Logistics, Maintenance, and Administration titles.
- Then, you will see the list of job openings at Canadian Tire. Click a job title to learn more information about the position.
- Read the main responsibilities and tasks, requirements, physical demands and working conditions, and background check requirements regarding the job position.
- On the same page below the whole job description, you will find the online job application form of Canadian Tire.
- On the form, enter your full name, email, and phone number. You can write a short message to the employer. Then answer a series of multiple-choice questions. Indicate the date that you will be available for the job you are applying for. Lastly, add your resume. When you are finished, finalize the application process by clicking the red “Apply” button at the bottom of the page.
Canadian Tire Job Vacancies & Opportunities
Retail Sales and Customer Service jobs at Canadian Tire include e-commerce associate, sales associate promotions associate, customer service associate, and cashier. Automotive Parts and Service jobs are automotive parts associate, automotive technician, automotive service advisor, automotive service installer, and automotive back parts window associate. Warehouse, Logistics, Maintenance jobs include store warehouse associate, janitor, and fill crew associate. Lastly, management jobs at Canadian Tire are automotive service manager, warehouse manager, and department manager.
Printable Job Application Form PDF: Available.
Job Positions & Salaries
Sales Associate: You will meet, greet and thank customers and provide friendly, informed service to them. You will guide customers to the location of requested items. You will locate products in the warehouse. You should answer occasional customer questions and provide friendly advice and services to customers. This is an entry-level job position that is accessible to all applicants. Although you start as a Sales Associate, career advancement opportunities within the company include the Merchandiser, Supervisor, Department Manager and Store Manager positions.
Automotive Parts Associate: You will interact with outside vendors using various ordering processes and systems. You will have the responsibility for maintaining the automotive retail floor. You should be attentive to the needs of the customers and their vehicles. You should have demonstrated automotive subject matter knowledge and good working knowledge of automotive parts lookup systems to apply for this position.
Store Warehouse Associate: In the warehouse, you will receive, scan, verify, and store all incoming and overstock products according to established procedures and policies. You will ship returns and completes proper paperwork. You should maintain housekeeping disciplines in the warehouse in order to facilitate the location of products by all staff. You will deliver and assemble merchandise as required. As this is an entry-level job position, all job seekers can apply for this position. Within-company career advancement opportunities of Store Warehouse Associates include the Merchandiser, Supervisor, Warehouse Manager and Promotions Manager positions.
Canadian Tire Job Application Form PDF
Below, you can find the link to Canadian Tire’s printable job application form. You can take the printout of it, fill it out professionally with your pen, and bring it with you when you go to a physical Canadian Tire store to apply for a job in-store.
The job application form of Canadian Tire consists of a single page. Don’t write anything in the section at the top of the page that is titled “For Office Use Only”. Start filling out the form by writing your full name, social insurance number, full address, phone number, type of work preferred, languages spoken/written, wage expected, and number of hours preferred. Then shortly provide information about your level of education, availability, and work history. Next, list your interests and the organizations, in which you are involved (if any). As the final steps, read the Authorization and fill in the blanks. Complete filling out the application by writing the date, on which the application is filled, and sign the page.