Bon-Ton is an American department store chain. The company was founded by Samuel and Max Grumbacher in 1898 in Merrillville, Indiana. It was a family enterprise that was offering dry goods and one-room millinery in York, Pennsylvania. After a big expansion in the 1990s, Bon-Ton had announced bankruptcy in 2018. Because of financial problems, the company’s new owners turned the company into an online working corporation in Indiana.
There is now just 1 brick-and-mortar location of Bon-Ton, which is located in Evergreen Park, but the company is planning to open new physical stores in the future. The company had 23,300 employees in 2016 before bankruptcy.
The store chain had different located stores in York, Lancaster, Lebanon, Trenton and also in Carlisle that was opened in 1902. The name of the company comes from a well-used British term “high society”. So, the company was offering services to the people who were known as elites and high society with their high-quality fresh products. The history of the company and how it managed to survive in hard times can only be understood by applying for a job at Bon-Ton. You can work from your home or in the office and help them to make it up through a successful road once they had before as well as they are planning to with their qualified employees.
How do I apply for a job at Bon-Ton?
- Go to the official career website of Bon-Ton.
- A new page will open. Use the search tools to write down some keywords or the location you want to work at.
- You will see a list of jobs. If one of them is suitable for you, just click the name of the job.
- Read further information about the job description. If you still think this is an interesting job for you, click on the “Apply” button on the right.
- You have to log in to continue. If you don’t have an account, get one by click to the “Sign Up” button.
- After creating an account, finalize your application by entering your information and your resume.
- Click on the “Submit” button to finish your online job application.
Job Positions: Laborer, customer service representative, retail sales associate, front end associate, brand representative, beauty consultant, packer, warehouse worker, personal assistant, planner, loss prevention manager, other management jobs.
Printable Job Application Form PDF: Not available.
Job Positions & Salaries
Sales Associate: You will be working on the sales floor and at the front end of the store operating the cash register. You will have to answer customers’ questions about products and their locations, so sufficient product knowledge would be demanded.
Merchandise Support Associate: You will monitor and place the products on the shelves when the shelves are becoming empty. Therefore, you must always keep an eye on the emptiness level of the shelves within the store.
Management: You will be the overseer of daily activities at the store. You will hire, train and supervise the entry-level employee team at your Bon-Ton store. The general customer satisfaction at your store will highly depend on your performance as a manager.
Bon-Ton Job Application Form PDF
There is no printable job application form of Bon-Ton on the internet. Therefore, you are recommended to visit the employment website of the company and make an online job application. Good luck!