Jo-Ann Fabrics is an American retail chain, which is a subsidy of Jo-Ann Stores. Founded in Cleveland, Ohio in 1943, there are 850 Jo-Ann stores in all states in the United States, except Hawaii. About 23,000 employees are currently working in these stores. The main products that the company offers are painting, food crafting, and jewelry-making equipment and so.
There are numerous entry-level jobs at Jo-Ann Fabrics store locations across the United States. The most popular job at Jo-Ann Fabrics is an entry-level job as well, which is titled team member. A team member provides customer service and is responsible for the order of the products in various areas within a Jo-Ann Fabrics store. More advanced positions at Jo-Ann Fabrics store include but are not limited to positions such as education coordinator, manager, framing specialist, inventory coordinator, key holder, project specialist, business analyst.
If you cannot commit to a full-time job for now, then the part-time team member position at Jo-Ann Fabrics may be a great idea to apply for. You are going to work in the stores of the company and provide customer service to their guests. The company has its own service model, which you will learn in the training, and you need to stick to this formula.
Team members will also help customers to find what they are looking for in the store. Moreover, they need to provide detailed information about the goods of the company to increase sales.
Job Application Form PDF
You need to make an online job application at the official website of Jo-Ann Fabrics since there is no printable Jo-Ann job application form on the web.
Printable Job Application Form PDF: Not available.
How To Apply Online
- Go to the official career website of Jo-Ann Fabrics.
- Click the “SEARCH JOBS” button. This will redirect you to a new website. You can apply for a job online via that new website.
- You can search for jobs by keywords using the search bar.
- You can filter jobs by location, full-time or part-time, job category, and more.
- Click a job title when you find an interesting job opportunity.
- The job description will show up on the right side of the list of jobs.
- Read the job summary, responsibilities, competencies, physical demands, and expected availability regarding the job position.
- If you think that you fit the job position, you can click the “Apply” button at the top left corner of the job description.
- You can apply for the job online manually or you can autofill the online application form with your resume.
Based in Hudson, Ohio, Jo-Ann Fabrics offers the largest assortment of fabric, sewing, quilting, paper crafting, yarn, jewelry, crafts and more under one roof. Employees who are creative, ambitious and respectful to customers are welcomed to work in Jo-Ann shops in 49 states and the online website support team.
Minimum Age to Work: 18
Hours of Operation: Monday-Saturday 9:00am-9:00pm, Sunday 12:00pm-6:00pm
There is a nice benefits package offered to full-time, part-time, hourly and salaried employees of Jo-Ann Fabrics. The benefits package of Jo-Ann Fabrics includes medical, dental, and vision plans, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Accounts, a 401(k) savings plan, company-paid life insurance, on-the-job training, flexible work schedules, a 30% employee discount at Jo-Ann Fabrics stores, tuition reimbursement, and a fantastic work environment. Eligibility for these benefits varies depending on the job, thus it is recommended that you contact your local Jo-Ann Fabrics store if you want to learn the exact benefits package that will be offered to you.
It has been reported that the interview process at Jo-Ann is harder than the interview questions of similar-level jobs even for entry-level job positions. The interview is usually made in the stock room within the store. You are advised to have an energetic manner that implies that you will be successful at selling products to customers after you start working at the store. The company almost never asks you to take a drug test before hiring new employees.