Home Hardware is one of the leading home improvement stores operating in Canada. Retail hardware supplies, lumber and building materials, home improvement products, construction materials, and furniture are typically sold at Home Hardware stores. There are over 1,100 Home Hardware stores across Canada at the present day.
Job Application Form PDF
Home Hardware offers a printable job application form for applicants who directly apply for a job at Home Hardware by going to a physical store location. Below, you can find the link to the job application form of Home Hardware. You can print it and then bring it with you when you enter a Home Hardware store to submit an application.
Printable Job Application Form PDF: CLICK TO SEE THE FORM
How To Apply Online
To submit an online application to Home Hardware online, follow these steps:
- Go to the career website of Home Hardware.
- Scroll down. Click either “Search Retail Careers” or “Search Corporate Careers”. (If you are searching for an entry-level job, click “Search Retail Careers”.)
- On the new page, you will see the list of job openings at all Home Hardware stores in Canada. You can sort jobs by job title, province, city, department, and date updated.
- Click the job title of a job that you see on the list to learn more about that job position.
- Read the responsibilities and qualifications regarding the job.
- Below that text, you will see the “Interesting in applying?” section. There, write your name and email address into the blanks.
- Write a cover letter explaining why you are applying for the job and what you can bring to the table in terms of work performance.
- Upload your resume as a PDF or Word document.
- You can also download the retail application form if you want to.
- Finalize your online application by clicking “SUBMIT MY APPLICATION” at the end.
Two of the most popular job positions at Home Hardware stores are sales clerk and cashier. Both of these are entry-level positions. Other jobs at Home Hardware include positions such as:
- DZ driver
- Yard maintainer
- Door hangar/shop employee
- Delivery person
- Paint sales associate
- Stock person
- Window & door installer
- Lumber yard worker
- Contractor sales representative
- Flooring warehouse associate
- Freight/shipping and receiving
- Appliance delivery/installs
- Paint expert
- Truck operator
- Inside sales representative
- Uard assistant
Hardware Store Clerk
You will assist customers in locating merchandise in the store. You may be responsible for tasks such as paint mixing, key cutting, skate, knife and scissor sharpening. You should maintain the store as needed ensuring that it is free of dirt, clutter, and ongoing sanitizing practices. You should ensure all customer inquiries are dealt with and handled in a timely manner.
You will greet customers and acknowledge them leaving the store. You will handle cash, credit card and payment on account transactions. You will also answer phones and direct calls to appropriate departments.
Leave a Reply