Home Hardware is one of the leading home improvement stores operating in Canada. The first Home Hardware store was opened in 1964 in Ontario. Retail hardware supplies, lumber and building materials, home improvement products, construction materials, and furniture are typically sold at Home Hardware stores. There are over 1,100 Home Hardware stores across Canada at the present day.
Home Hardware Jobs and Careers
Two of the most popular job positions at Home Hardware stores are sales clerk and cashier. Both of these are entry-level positions. More jobs at Home Hardware include positions such as DZ driver, warehouse/receiver, yard maintainer, door hangar/shop employee, delivery person, paint sales associate, stock person, window & door installer, lumber yard worker, contractor sales representative, flooring warehouse associate, freight/shipping and receiving, appliance delivery/installs, paint expert, truck operator, retail operations manager, kitchen designer, inside sales representative, and yard assistant.
How do I apply for a job at Home Hardware?
You can either submit an online application to Home Hardware for a job, or you can apply directly in-store. To submit an online application to Home Hardware, follow these steps:
- Go to the career website of Home Hardware.
- Scroll down. Click either “Search Retail Careers” or “Search Corporate Careers”.
- You will see the list of job openings at all Home Hardware stores in Canada. You can sort jobs by job title, province, city, department, and date updated.
- Click a job title to learn more about the job position.
- Read the job description that will appear on a new page.
- Below the job description, you will see an online job application form on the same page.
- Enter your name and email address, and write a cover letter. You should also upload your resume. Then, click the “SUBMIT APPLICATION” button to finalize the online job application process.
Home Hardware Job Application Form PDF
Home Hardware offers a printable job application form for applicants who directly apply for a job at Home Hardware by going to a physical store location. Below, you can find the link to the job application form of Home Hardware. You can print it and then bring it with you when you enter a Home Hardware store to submit an application.
Printable Job Application Form PDF: Available.
Job Positions & Salaries
Hardware Store Clerk: You will assist customers in locating merchandise in the store. You may be responsible for tasks such as paint mixing, key cutting, skate, knife and scissor sharpening. You should maintain the store as needed ensuring that it is free of dirt, clutter, and ongoing sanitizing practices. You should ensure all customer inquiries are dealt with and handled in a timely manner.
Cashier: You will greet customers and acknowledge them leaving the store. You will handle cash, credit card and payment on account transactions. You will also answer phones and direct calls to appropriate departments.