Giant Tiger is a discount chain that is operating in Canada. The first store was founded in 1951. There are 250 Giant Tiger stores in almost all Canadian provinces today. About 8,000 employees are working at these Giant Tiger stores. Giant Tiger is one of the main competitors of Dollarama.
How do I apply for a job at Giant Tiger?
Job seekers can apply for a job at Giant Tiger in person or online. Submitting an in-person application will take significantly more time (because you need to physically go to the store location), but will result in a better chance of employment. This is because in-store applicants seem more dedicated in the eyes of hiring managers.
Instead of spending a lot of time applying in person, you can easily submit an online application for a job at Giant Tiger by following these steps:
- Go to the official career website of Giant Tiger.
- You will see three career path opportunities on the page, which are Stores, Home Office, and Distribution & Transportation. Click any of them according to your current interests and career plans.
- Suppose you choose Stores. A new page will open. On the new page, click on the “Search Current Opportunities” button.
- You will then see the list of current job openings at Giant Tiger locations. You can filter results by province, business area, city, location, and department.
- When you encounter a nice-looking job opportunity on the list, click the job title to read the job description.
- After you read the job description, click on the “Apply” button to initiate your online job application process.
- You can apply manually or autofill with your resume. If you select applying manually, you will have to sign in to your account. If you don’t have an account yet, you can easily create one. After you successfully sign in, you can fill out the online job application form of Giant Tiger and submit it to the company online.
Giant Tiger Job Vacancies & Opportunities
The most popular entry-level job positions at Giant Tiger stores are cashier, grocery associate, softgoods associate, and hardgoods associate. The common aspect of these positions is that no specific qualifications are required to apply for them. In contrast to these job positions, management positions at Giant Tiger require some experience in the business. Examples of these jobs are softgoods department head, hardgoods department head, grocery department head, manager in training, and store manager.
Printable Job Application Form PDF: Not available.
Job Positions & Salaries
Cashier: You will ensure a high level of customer service at the checkouts. You should accurately record customer transactions in the electronic cash register.
Grocery Associate / Softgoods Associate / Hardgoods Associate: You will follow up on hot selling items and complete markdowns and SKU changes when needed. You will maintain planograms, labels, tickets and signing standards. Also, you will perform cycle counts as required. In these job positions, you will have the opportunity to get involved in the presentation of the products and building eye-attractive displays for the customers.
Giant Tiger Job Application Form PDF
Giant Tiger offers no printable job application form on the web. An online job application can be submitted on the official company career website of Giant Tiger.