Dis-Chem is a pharmacy store chain in South Africa. The company is generally selling pharmaceuticals at a discounted price. The first Dis-Chem store was opened in 1978 in Johannesburg. Today, there are 165 Dis-Chem stores in South Africa. Dis-Chem is the second-largest retail pharmacy store chain in South Africa after Clicks.
How do I apply for a job at Dis-Chem?
- Go to the official career website of Dis-Chem.
- Click the “View Vacancies” button to see the list of current job openings at Dis-Chem locations across South Africa.
- Browse through the job list. You can search for jobs by entering keywords into the search bar at the top of the page. When you find an appealing job opportunity at Dis-Chem, you can click the job title to read the job details.
- Read the job description completely. If you are really interested in the job position, click “Apply” below on the job description page to initiate your online application at Dis-Chem.
- After you click apply, you will see the online job application form of Dis-Chem. Fill it out by providing your personal details and upload a profile photo, your CV, and additional documents. Then answer the questionnaire that consists of six questions.
- Finally, you can send the application to Dis-Chem by clicking the “Submit” button. You will be contacted by someone from the company within a few days or weeks.
Dis-Chem Job Vacancies
Post Basic Qualified Pharmacist Assistant: You will assist with the sale of Schedule 1 and Schedule 2 medicines or scheduled substances; the compounding, manipulation or preparation of a non-sterile medicine or scheduled substance according to a formula and standard operating procedures approved by the responsible pharmacist; the manufacturing of a non-sterile medicine or scheduled substance according to a formula and standard operating procedures approved by the responsible pharmacist; and related tasks.
Pharmacist: You will be responsible for the provision of pharmaceutical care by taking responsibility for patients’ medicine-related needs, and being accountable for meeting those needs.
Clinic Practitioner: You will be expected to perform Clinic Sister duties according to industry regulations. You should manage the average “feet-per-hour” rate, ensure all clinic services are available at the moment, keep accurate records of patient details, and ensure communication is followed up.
Dis-Chem Job Application Form PDF
Dis-Chem doesn’t offer any printable job application form that in-store applicants can use. You can either apply for a job online on the company career website, or you can directly contact your local Dis-Chem store and ask for information about the in-person job application process.