Countdown, operating as a subsidiary of the parent company Woolworths NZ, is a supermarket chain based in New Zealand. The first Countdown store was opened in 1981. The company headquarters is located in Auckland, New Zealand. Today, there are more than 180 Countdown supermarkets scattered through New Zealand with more than 18,000 employees. Compared to other supermarkets in New Zealand, Countdown stores are slightly larger in size. It is often said that Countdown has a monopoly over the supermarket chains in New Zealand in terms of the number of stores. Countdown supermarkets offer their customers fresh grocery products, pharmacy products, meat, and other retail items.
How do I apply for a job at Countdown?
- Go to the career website of Countdown.
- Scroll down and find the “Available jobs” button.
- A new tab will open. The new tab will be the career website of Woolworths, which is the parent company of Countdown. Make sure that “Countdown” is selected as the company on the search toolbar, then click the “search” button to see the list of job openings.
- On the list of jobs, click a job title to read more information about the position.
- A new tab will open again. Read the job description on the new tab. Click “Apply” to initiate your online application.
- You should sign in to your account to reach the online job application form of Countdown. If you don’t have an account yet, you should create one. Then sign in to your account, fill out the online job application form, and submit it to the company.
Countdown Job Vacancies
Popular entry-level jobs at Countdown are produce assistant, meat assistant, baker, online assistant, perishables assistant, seafood assistant, checkout operator, nightfill assistant, longlife assistant, bakery assistant, fresh food assistant, and storeperson.
Moreover, there are additional positions at Countdown such as checkout supervisor, perishables supervisor, duty supervisor, qualified baker, online driver, price integrity assistant, and many more.
Deli Assistant: You will be expected to keep the deli department well stocked and presented with a range of quality products. You should provide excellent customer service whilst you help customers with their deli selections. You will mix salads and cook deli items. You should adhere to food safety policies. If you enjoy preparing fresh food, this position would be an excellent fit for you.
Countdown Job Application Form PDF
Below is the link to the printable job application form of Countdown. You should print it and fill it out, then bring it to your local Countdown store for employment.
Printable Job Application Form PDF: Available.