Coles is one of the two giants in the Australian supermarket industry alongside Woolworths. The first Coles store started operations in 1914. Today, there are over 800 Coles stores across Australia. Over 110,000 employees are working at these Coles stores. Coles is such a large company that it has a market share of a quarter in the Australian supermarket industry by itself.
How do I apply for a job at Coles?
The most convenient way of submitting an application for a job at Coles is submitting an online application. You can also submit an in-store application by visiting a physical Coles store location. Once you enter the store, you should find a manager, and politely tell them that you came because you want to apply for a job. If you don’t prefer to apply in-store, you can submit an online application to Coles following these steps below:
- Go to the career website of Coles.
- You will see a search toolbar, which you can use to search for jobs by keyword, postcode, and distance. Click the “Search all jobs” button to see the job opportunities at Coles stores that match your search criteria.
- You will see the list of vacancies at Coles. Click a job title to learn more information about that particular job position.
- After you read the complete job description, click “Apply now” to initiate the online job application process.
- You need to register with your email address. Then, you should sign in to reach the online job application form of Coles.
- On the online job application form, provide your name, email address, home address, and other relevant information that is asked by the company. Then, submit the online application to Coles. You will be contacted by the hiring personnel of Coles in the upcoming days.
Coles Job Vacancies
There are plenty of entry-level and management-level job positions for job seekers at Coles stores. Since Coles is one of Australia’s leading employers, vacancies open at stores constantly. Here are short descriptions of some popular entry-level store job positions at Coles.
Supermarket Team Member: You can work in many departments of a Coles supermarket as a Team Member. You can pack delicious treats in the Bakery, scan customers’ shops in the Service section, serve slices in the Deli section or restock the shelves on the sales floor to make sure all products that customers look for are available on the shelves.
Customer Service / Checkouts: You will be working at the front end of the store, operating the cash registers. You will scan items and process payments. This is a customer-facing role that requires you to engage with customers for long hours, so great social skills will be a plus.
Baker: You will work behind the counter in the Bakery section of the store. You will serve customers bakery products and provide information about the products served at the Bakery section. A trade certificate or diploma is needed if you want to apply for this position.
Coles Job Application Form PDF
There is no printable job application form provided by Coles on the internet for in-store job applicants. You can either directly visit a store and contact a manager about employment, or you can quickly submit an online application for a job at Coles on the career website of Coles.