City Gear is an American sporting goods store chain that sells clothes from well-known brands such as Levi’s, Nike, and Adidas. In 1978, the company was founded in Memphis, Tennessee. The initial name of the company was Shelmar Retail Partners LLC back then. Now, the company owns more than 130 stores in the central region of the United States including Cincinnati, Indianapolis, Dayton, and Colombus. The company provides employment opportunities to an estimate of 155,000 employees across the US. In 2019, Hibbett Sports acquired City Gear.
City Gear Jobs
The initial step that a successful company should take to maintain happy customers is to maintain its own employees as satisfied as possible with their jobs. This is because the employees who keep interacting with the customers throughout the day. Working at City Gear will fulfill all your basic needs in both social and financial terms. If you are into sports and/or fashion, a job at City Gear might be the best fit for you! You can get to know the well-known brands and you can get inspired by the success story of the City Gear, working with a bunch of friendly co-workers.
How to Apply
- Go to the official career website of Hibbett Sports, which is the recent parent company of City Gear.
- Choose one of the career categories to get further job options. “Retail Careers” will direct you to store jobs.
- Choose a location and a city or a store that you would love to work at.
- Click on the “Search” button.
- There will be a list of jobs that will be seen on the new page.
- If you are interested in one of the jobs on the list, click on the name of the job to see further information.
- Detailed information about the job will be shown on the new page. To see detailed information, click the “Apply Now” button on the upper right side of the page.
- You have to enter your e-mail to proceed with your application.
- Provide your personal information and build your profile with one of your accounts on LinkedIn, Facebook, or Google.
Job Positions: Sales associate, sales lead, loss prevention associate, assistant manager, general manager, manager-in-training.
Printable Job Application Form PDF: Not available.
Positions & Salaries
Sales Associate: You will be expected to ensure the customer receives the best in class shopping experience by providing a guest-friendly environment within the City Gear store. You will assist with the sales floor and stock room organization, which includes maintaining displays and participating in store recovery to ensure adequately replenishing of merchandise and timely execution of price markups/downs for effective inventory.
Prerequisite: 18 years of age. High school diploma or general education diploma (GED) or be currently enrolled in High School.
Assistant Manager: You will be responsible for the management of the entire store which includes but is not limited to leading a dynamic customer service-oriented sales associate team, creating a best in the class shopping experience for all City Gear customers, achieving store sales and marketing goals and compliance on all store operational procedures, including payroll and inventory control. You must operate within and enforce City Gear’s Mission and Cultural Elements. You will also assist in recruiting, hiring, disciplining and separation of associates when needed.
Prerequisite: 2 years of verifiable work experience and 1 year of prior management experience.
Loss Prevention Associate: You will have to maintain floor awareness, observing behavior and body language that would be a strong indicator of possible. Since this position is a highly visible position, you must have a positive attitude and pay great attention to details if you want to apply for this job position at City Gear. You should be prepared at all times to stop and confront any customers that have been observed concealing.
City Gear Application Form PDF
There is no printable job application form of City Gear on the internet. Therefore, you are recommended to visit the employment website of the company and make an online job application. Good luck!
If you have any other questions, you can send an email to