Caterpillar Inc. (also known as CAT) is an American company that is in the heavy equipment, engine, and financial services industries. It is recently a Fortune 100 company. The company was founded in 1925 in California. Today, Caterpillar operates worldwide with over 100,000 employees. Caterpillar currently has over 60 major locations in 25 states.
Caterpillar Jobs and Careers
Popular hourly job positions at Caterpillar include but are not limited to warehouse associate, field service technician, material handler, machine operator, mechanical assembler, and product assembler. Some experience is typically required for these jobs but there aren’t too many requirements to be hired.
How do I apply for a job at Caterpillar?
- Go to the career website of Caterpillar.
- Click the “APPLY NOW” button in the middle of the page.
- You will see a search bar on the new page. Enter any keyword, job title, job ID, or MOS code. Then click “Find Jobs”.
- You will see the list of job openings at Caterpillar. You can sort and filter jobs by using the panel on the left side of the page. You can filter jobs by country, state, city, career area, schedule, and pay type.
- On the list of jobs, click a job title when you find an appealing job.
- Read the job description page.
- Click “APPLY NOW”.
- You need to sign in to proceed. After you successfully sign in, you will see the online job application form of Caterpillar. Fill it out and submit it to the company. You will be contacted by the company in the following days.
Caterpillar Job Application Form PDF
Caterpillar doesn’t offer any printable job application form on the internet for the use of in-person applicants. Visit the official company career website and submit an online application.
Printable Job Application Form PDF: Not available.
Job Positions & Salaries
Warehouse Associate: You will utilize and inspect heavy equipment including a sit-down fork truck, pallet jack and overhead hoists. You will perform material handling and warehousing functions. You will also be responsible for order filling, processing, storing/ picking of parts, materials, equipment and supplies. Moreover, you will perform tasks such as operating automated packaging equipment, shipping and receiving.
Field Service Technician: You will be responsible for the delivery, installation, troubleshooting, testing and repair of pressure control equipment on customer locations. You should be a skilled, experienced technician with the ability to perform most tasks independently, while seeking guidance or training for more critical tasks.
Product Assembler: You will assemble or test parts, components, or systems for BCP machines according to the specified work orders. You will use various tools provided in the work area to perform assembly duties. You should have previous employment experience to apply for this job.