Books-A-Million (also known as BAM!) is the second-largest bookstore chain in the United States. It was founded in 1917 in Florence, Alabama. The company has 260 bookstores in 32 states. There are over 5,000 employees in these stores. Books-A-Million stores contain between 4,000-30,000 books and magazines, collectibles, toys and related stuff. One year after it was acquired by its chairman, in 2016, Books-A-Million started selling self-published books.
Books-A-Million Jobs and Careers
BAM! If you are a bookworm who loves diving into the world of books, or a geek who loves discovering new games, or maybe a movie buff who still collects DVDs, you will love a job at Books-A-Million. If you are not any of those, you are still welcome, because we are sure you will get lost in the immense world of Books-A-Million!
How do I apply for a job at Books-A-Million?
- Go to the career website of Books-A-Million.
- Type in job title or category into the Keyword section, and city or postal code into the Location section. Then press “Search”. You can also click on “View all jobs at Books-A-Million” under the search bar.
- You will be provided with the job list at Books-A-Million.
- Choose a good job and click on the name.
- Read the job description and requirements.
- If you decide to apply, click on “Apply” at the top of the page.
- Upload your resume and press “Continue”.
- Provide your personal information, fill in the questionnaire and submit your application.
Minimum Age to Work: 16
Hours of Operation: Monday-Saturday 9:00am-10:00pm, Sunday 10:00am-9:00pm.
Job Positions: Associate, bookseller, cashier lead, barista, assistant general manager, book lead, non book lead, store book buyer, warehouse associate, logistics driver, accounts payable.
Printable Job Application Form PDF: Not available.
Job Positions & Salaries
Associate: You will be expected to provide the highest level of customer service to each customer, and maintain merchandising standards in your work area. You will need to clean your area regularly.
Prerequisite: High school diploma or equivalent. 18 years of age.
Bookseller: You will assist the customers with questions and orders. You will operate cash registers. You will handle product deliveries and put the books on shelves accordingly.
Prerequisite: High school diploma or equivalent.
Cashier Lead: You will train the newly hired cashiers at the stores. You need to know the related equipment by heart.
Prerequisite: High School diploma or equivalent. 18 years of age. Completion of all required training courses.
Barista: You will operate the café equipment and prepare coffee and specialty drinks. You will also prepare and serve baked goods. You will need to develop nice relations with the customers and maintain the cleanliness of your workplace.
Prerequisite: High school diploma or GED.
Assistant General Manager: You will supervise the employees to ensure the highest levels of customer satisfaction at the Books-A-Million store. You will train entry-level employees and keep communicating with them regularly. Keep an eye on the merchandising and cleanliness of the store. High operational efficiency will depend on you.
- Customer Service Representative – $12.43 per hour
- Barista – $8.39 per hour
- Warehouse Worker – $11.23 per hour
- Bookseller – $12.00 per hour
- Cashier – $8.07 per hour
- Store Manager – $37,790 per year
- Sales Associate – $9.36 per hour
Books-A-Million Job Application Form PDF
There is no printable job application form of Books-A-Million. Thus, you need to go to the official website of BAM!, and make an online application to the company. Good luck!