The BNSF Railway Company is the largest freight railroad network in North America. Its history dates back to 1849. For 170 years, BNSF has been playing a vital role in building and sustaining the country’s economy. BNSF started as a formation of the Aurora Branch Railroad in Illinois and the Pacific Railroad of Missouri. The company eventually grew into the Chicago, Burlington and Quincy Railroad, (CB&Q). Then, a portion of the Pacific Railroad became the St. Louis-San Francisco Railway and finally created the abbreviation BNSF. BNSF currently has 42,000 employees. It owns and operates 32,500 miles (52,300 km) of track in 28 states and with its over 8,000 locomotives.
BNSF Railway Company Jobs
Would you like to be a part of the largest railroad network in North America? The BNSF Railway is a company that goes the extra mile for its customers and communities. As a BNSF employee, you will always feel belonged and welcomed. The company strives to maintain strong relationships with the communities where its employees live. With its rich history and large network, working for BNSF is the opportunity of a lifetime.
How do I apply for a job at BNSF Railway Company?
- Go to the official career website of BNSF.
- You will see a search bar that allows you to search by keyword or location. If you already found a fitting job opening, use this bar to go directly to it.
- If you want to get information on all options, click on “View All Jobs” right below the search bar.
- A new page will open. Scroll down to see a list of available positions.
- Once you see one that catches your eye, click on it to be directed to a page that gives you detailed information about the job.
- If you decide to apply, click on the orange “Apply now” button.
- Once you click on the “Apply now” button you will be asked to register or create an account. You have to be logged in to apply for a job.
- If you successfully logged in, you will be directed to a new page with an application form.
- Upload your resume, when you finish, click “Submit Profile” at the bottom right of the page.
Job Positions: Special agent (field), intermodal equipment operator, truck driver, carman, senior developer, management trainee, senior research specialist, electrician, diesel mechanic, electronics technician, maintenance helper, metal worker, communication specialist, equipment operator, laborer, construction worker, mechanical inspector, administrative clerk, senior contract specialist, mailroom clerk, senior developer, software architect, software engineer, technology lead, front end developer, and many more.
Printable Job Application Form PDF: Not available.
Job Positions & Salaries
Special Agent: You will be expected to protect property that has to do with the company. As a special agent, you will also work as a guardian to prevent crime. You will also be required to provide court testimony when needed.
Intermodal Equipment Operator: You will be working as either a ground support worker, a hostler truck operator, or a crane/lift equipment operator. This job position has 3 levels of graduated proficiency handling intermodal equipment in a railroad intermodal facility. You may perform one level primarily, but will be expected to perform other levels as needed. You will operate heavy equipment such as cranes, side-loaders, forklifts, and hostler trucks.
BNSF Railway Company Job Application Form PDF
Since BNSF doesn’t offer any printable job application form on the internet for job applicants, we recommend that you visit the official company website and make an online application for a job. Good luck!