Big W is a famous department store chain that is operating in Australia with over 180 store locations. The first Big W store was opened in 1964. Products of a wide range are sold at Big W stores. The Big W brand is currently owned by Woolworths, which is one of Australia’s largest employers. There are about 22,000 employees working at Big W stores at the present day.
How do I apply for a job at Big W?
You can either apply for a job at Big W online on the career website of Woolworths, which is the parent company of Big W. You can also visit a physical Big W store and ask the managers for employment information. You will be guided by the managers then. If you prefer to apply for a job at Big W online, here are the steps you should follow:
- Go to the career website page of Woolworths that is showing the employment opportunities at Big W stores.
- Scroll down and find the “Rise to your potential” titled section. Click the “See all qualified roles” button to see the list of job openings at all Big W store locations.
- By using the search toolbar at the top of the page, you can further filter jobs by location, job type, employment type, etc.
- On the list below the search toolbar, select a job position and click the job title. A new tab will open.
- On the new tab, the complete job description will be written. Read it carefully.
- Next, click “Apply” to initiate your online application for the job.
- You need to sign in to continue. If you don’t have an account yet, you need to create one, then sign in to your account. You will then reach the online job application form of Big W. Fill it out and submit it to the company.
Big W Job Vacancies
There are three main entry-level job positions at typical Big W stores or distribution centres. These jobs can be applied for any job seeker without regard to previous experience/education, so feel free to apply for such jobs at Big W even if employment at Big W will be your first employment experience.
Fill Team Member: You will be responsible for filling, merchandising and ticketing stock across all departments, making it simple for customers to shop within the store. You should be available, friendly and helpful, ensuring all customers receive a positive experience.
Customer Service Team Member: Your primary duty will be to actively share your passion for customer service, whether it be helping customers find products, setting up departments so they are simple to shop, or giving customers a quick and easy checkout experience.
Warehouse Team Member: You will pick orders accurately and in a timely manner in addition to assembling and packaging stock appropriately for dispatch. You will operate industrial equipment. You will also be responsible for housekeeping duties. You will perform despatch and receiving as required by operation and business needs.
Big W Job Application Form PDF
There is no Big W printable job application form that in-store job applicants can use. You can either submit an online application to the company or you can directly contact a store manager at a Big W store near your home and ask them for current vacancies at that store location.