Avis Car Rental is an American car rental company that is operating worldwide today. The company was founded in Ypsilanti, Michigan in 1946. Today, there are about 5,550 Avis locations in the Americas, India, Australia and New Zealand. Over 30,000 employees are currently working at Avis locations worldwide. Avis was the first car rental business in the world that is located at an airport. Recently, Avis has acquired Zipcar company in 2013.
Avis Car Rental Jobs and Careers
As existing in the car rental business for more than a half-century, Avis provides the most trustworthy rent-a-car service in the world. Since you will perform a service job, good social skills would help you much at your job at Avis. By applying to Avis online today, you can easily be one of the thousands of employees that work proudly with this successful company. You will be appreciated and valued as much as the customers.
How do I apply for a job at Avis Car Rental?
- Go to the career website of Avis.
- Choose your area of interest (United States) and press “GO”.
- Select one of the six job opportunities at Avis, ranging from corporate functions to support centers. Click on the selected job type. You can see the number of vacancies.
- Click on the box of the job when you find a good job.
- Read essential duties and responsibilities, and further information.
- Click on “Apply for This Role”.
- Answer the question “Yes” or “No”. Press “Next”.
- Answer the next question also as “Yes” or “No”. Then press “Next” again.
- Answer the next questions in the same way.
- Sign in and create a new profile by providing your personal information and answering additional questions. You can also sign in via your LinkedIn, Google, Facebook or Microsoft account. Then you can continue and finish your online application to Avis.
Avis Car Rental Job Vacancies & Opportunities
At Avis Car Rental, jobs that require little training and/or vehicle knowledge are service agent, bus driver, rental sales associate, auto technician, oil and tire changer, vehicle service attendant, bus concierge, customer service representative, exit gate booth agent, and shuttle driver. For job seekers who want to be a manager, there is the operations manager position at Avis Car Rental.
Minimum Age to Work: 18
Hours of Operation: Every day 6:30am-11:00pm. May vary by location.
Printable Job Application Form PDF: Not available.
Job Positions & Salaries
Service Agent: You will be either a janitor, custodian or housekeeper. You will clean, wash and vacuum the vehicles of customers, remove trash, fill gas tanks when needed and check fluid levels. You will also check for damage to the vehicles.
Prerequisite: Driver’s license.
Bus Driver: You will transport customers to and from the airport terminal and the rental car facility safely in all weather conditions. You will greet the customers and assist them with their needs.
Prerequisite: High school diploma or equivalent. 6 months of customer service experience. Driver’s license.
Rental Sales Associate: You will listen and identify customer needs, and offer them products and services. You will guide the customers through the rental process and deliver them a memorable car rental experience.
Prerequisite: High school diploma or equivalent. Driver’s license.
Auto Technician: You will perform vehicle maintenance and repair the vehicles in case of any damage. You should accord with the manufacturer’s guidelines while you work.
Prerequisite: High school diploma or equivalent. 1 year of automotive experience. At least 1 ASE certification and aiming to obtain 2 more within 1 year. Driver’s license.
- Car Sales Executive – $10.12 per hour
- Sales Associate – $12.27 per hour
- Counter Sales Representative – $10.55 per hour
- Dispatcher – $31,038 per year
- Lead Package Recovery Agent – $14.39 per hour
- Parts Clerk – $42,579 per year
- Automotive Detailer – $10.82 per hour
- Automotive Mechanic – $16.73 per hour
- Automotive Service Manager – $60,493 per year
- Automotive Technician – $13.43 per hour
- Body Damage Manager – $84,602 per year
- Detailer – $10.03 per hour
- Diesel Mechanic – $25.01 per hour
- Lot Attendant – $11.82 per hour
- Lot Porter – $12.00 per hour
- Lube Technician – $15.26 per hour
- Maintenance Associate – $31,409 per year
- Maintenance Manager – $61,240 per year
- Maintenance Person – $15.05 per hour
- Mechanic – $17.64 per hour
- Operator – $56,354 per year
- Bus Driver – $35,642 per year
- Driver – $51,366 per year
- Owner Operator Driver – $42,866 per year
- Shuttle Driver – $12.97 per hour
- Transporter – $29,483 per year
- Truck Driver – $12.29 per hour
- Call Center Representative – $14.49 per hour
- Laborer – $13.87 per hour
- Car Detailing – $10.22 per hour
- Car Wash Attendant – $11.38 per hour
- Cleaner – $10.57 per hour
Avis Car Rental Job Application Form PDF
There is no printable job application form offered by Avis on the internet. Visit the official career website of the company to make an online application, if you are sure to apply.