Avis Car Rental is an American car rental company that is operating worldwide today. The company was founded in Ypsilanti, Michigan in 1946. Today, there are about 5,550 Avis locations in the Americas, India, Australia and New Zealand. Over 30,000 employees are currently working at Avis locations worldwide. Avis was the first car rental business in the world that is located at an airport. Recently, Avis has acquired Zipcar company in 2013.
Avis Car Rental Jobs
As existing in the car rental business for more than half century, Avis provides the most trustworthy rent a car service in the world. Since you will perform a service job, good social skills would help you much at your job at Avis. By applying to Avis online today, you can easily be one of the thousands of employees that work proudly with this successful company. You will be appreciated and valued as much as the customers.
How to Apply
- Go to the career website of Avis.
- Choose your area of interest (United States) and press “GO”.
- Select one of the six job opportunities at Avis, ranging from corporate functions to support centers. Click on the selected job type. You can see the number of vacancies.
- Click on the box of the job when you find a good job.
- Read essential duties and responsibilities, and further information.
- Click on “Apply for This Role”.
- Answer the question as “Yes” or “No”. Press “Next”.
- Answer the next question also as “Yes” or “No”. Then press “Next” again.
- Answer the next questions the same way.
- Sign in and create a new profile by providing your personal information and answering additional questions. You can also sign in via your LinkedIn, Google, Facebook or Microsoft account. Then you can continue and finish your online application to Avis.
Minimum Age to Work: 18
Hours of Operation: Every day 6:30am-11:00pm. May vary by location.
Job Positions: Service agent, bus driver, rental sales associate, auto technician.
Printable Job Application Form PDF: Not available.
Positions & Salaries
Service Agent: You will be either a janitor, custodian or housekeeper. You will clean, wash and vacuum the vehicles of customers, remove trash, fill gas tanks when needed and check fluid levels. You will also check for damage on the vehicles.
Prerequisite: Driver’s license.
Bus Driver: You will transport customers to and from the airport terminal and the rental car facility safely in all weather conditions. You will greet the customers and assist them with their needs.
Prerequisite: High school diploma or equivalent. 6 months of customer service experience. Driver’s license.
Rental Sales Associate: You will listen and identify customer needs, and offer them products and services. You will guide the customers through the rental process and deliver them a memorable car rental experience.
Prerequisite: High school diploma or equivalent. Driver’s license.
Auto Technician: You will perform vehicle maintenance and repair the vehicles in case of any damage. You should accord with the manufacturer’s guidelines while you work.
Prerequisite: High school diploma or equivalent. 1 year of automotive experience. At least 1 ASE certification and aiming to obtain 2 more within 1 year. Driver’s license.
Avis Car Rental Application Form PDF
There is no printable job application form offered by Avis on the internet. Visit the official career website of the company to make an online application, if you are sure to apply.
If you have any other questions, you can send an email to