Loblaws is one of Canada’s largest supermarket chains. The first store was opened in 1919, more than 100 years ago. Today, Loblaws is a brand of Loblaw Companies, which is Canada’s largest food distributor that owns many well-known brands operating in Canada. Groceries, general merchandise, pharmacy and alcoholic beverages are the products that are typically sold at Loblaws stores.
How do I apply for a job at Loblaws?
Both an in-person application and an online application can be submitted to Loblaws. To apply in person, you should visit a physical store in your neighborhood and talk to the store managers. This will take more time than submitting a quick online job application, but you will have a higher chance of being hired if you apply in person instead of applying online.
You can read below to learn how you can submit an online application to Loblaws:
- Go to the career website of Loblaw Companies, which is the owner of Loblaws.
- You will see two search bars on the page. Enter any job title and/or select a location. Then click “Search positions”.
- You will see a list that shows the job openings at Loblaws stores. Click a job title when you see an appealing job position on the list.
- You will be redirected to a new website. Read the complete job description on the new page. If you love the position, click “Apply” to initiate the online job application process.
- You can autofill the online job application form, or you can fill out the form manually by clicking “apply manually”.
- You need to sign in to proceed.
- Fill out the online job application form and submit it to Loblaw Companies. You will be contacted by the hiring personnel in the following days.
Loblaws Job Vacancies & Opportunities
As Loblaws is one of Canada’s leading supermarket chains, a high number of different job positions are available at Loblaws. There are entry-level positions for inexperienced job seekers and higher-level ones including management positions for candidates with a higher level of education and more experience. Entry-level jobs at Loblaws include produce clerk, bakery clerk, replenishment clerk, service clerk, courtesy clerk, HMR clerk, deli clerk, meat clerk, SAP operations clerk, baker, cashier, natural food/value clerk, apparel clerk, health clerk, personal shopper, liquor clerk, warehouse order assembly, payments & rewards sales representative, garden centre clerk, seafood clerk, salad bar clerk, and receiver.
Some examples of higher-level non-management jobs at Loblaws are data analyst clerk, pharmacy assistant, optical clerk, pharmacy technician, merchandiser, operations analyst, and business consultant. Management positions include but are not limited to the night manager, floral manager, replenishment assistant store manager, bakery department manager, produce manager, warehouse supervisor, deli manager, night operations manager, and store manager positions.
Printable Job Application Form PDF: Not available.
Job Positions & Salaries
Cashier: You will be located at the front end of the store, operating the cash register. You will handle cash transactions. You don’t need to have any prior knowledge or experience to apply for this position.
Grocery Clerk: On the sales floor within the store area, you will provide face-to-face customer assistance, replenish products on the shelves, and maintain the general order and cleanliness of the shopping area. There are no application prerequisites for job seekers who want to apply for a Grocery Clerk position at Loblaws.
Loblaws Job Application Form PDF
There is no printable Loblaws job application form that you can use when you apply in-store for a job at Loblaws. You can still apply for a job in-store, or you can submit an online job application to Loblaws.