JCPenney is a huge American department store chain. It was founded in 1902 in Kemmerer, Wyoming. Throughout the past century, the company expanded to every state in the United States, except Hawaii. JCPenney has over 860 stores in total. About 95,000 employees are working at JCPenney company at present. JCPenney is primarily selling conventional merchandise. You can find JCPenney stores usually in shopping malls.
JCPenney is the right choice of company for employment, in order to achieve experience in selling stuff, since today’s population is so eager to spend money on clothes, home décor and other things that they like. Therefore, you’ll gain a lot of experience in the retail industry which grows every single day. If you’re looking for a job that will offer to help co-workers and fair salary, fill out the application form today!
The Diversity Best Practices Inclusion Index provides information to help organizations understand gaps in demographic representation, and is a strategic road map to drive internal change to find and implement D&I solutions. Companies scored in three areas: best practices in recruitment, retention, and advancement of people from underrepresented groups—women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities, and LGBTQ people. JCPenney has earned a spot on the Diversity Best Practices Inclusion Index 2019.
How to Apply
- Go to the official website of JCPenney.
- Scroll down. You will see two search bars.
- Type in keyword or job title in the left bar, and city, state or zip code in the right bar, and press on the magnifying glass figure at the right of the search bars to make a customized search.
- Also, on the bottom of the page, there are various job types shown by default. You can choose a job type from there, too, instead of using the search bar.
- If you click on a job type, a new webpage about that job will be opened.
- A short job description and benefits of the job are listed on that page.
- A list of current job openings at various JCPenney stores will be displayed after you click on “View Job Openings” on the top right of that page.
- Choose a preferable job from the job openings list and click on it.
- Read the detailed description of the job.
- If you are satisfied with the job, press “Click to Apply for this Job” on the top right of that page.
- A new page will be opened.
- Press “Apply For Job” on the top right of the page.
- You need to create a new account on the website of JCPenney in order to continue your online job application. First, create a new account, then sign in, and finish your job application. Good luck!
Minimum Age to Work: 16
Hours of Operation: Monday-Saturday 10:00am-9:30pm, Sunday 11:00am-6:00pm
Job Positions: Sales associate, stock associate, loss prevention associate, merchandise assistant, asset protection manager, specialty associate, fine jewelry supervisor, asset protection service associate, omnichannel associate, cashier, home commission associate.
Printable Job Application Form PDF: Not available.
Positions & Salaries
Sales Associate: You will be helping confused customers during their shopping experience. Based on your performance and familiarity with the store and its products, you will earn between $7,25-12/hour.
Stock Associate: You will organize the products on the shelves of the store. You will unpack new shipments and put them into the shelves. You will earn $9/hour.
Loss Prevention Associate: Your job will be preventing theft in the store. If you are a careful and organized person, the job may be easy and fun for you. You will earn $12/hour.
JCPenney Application Form PDF
Unfortunately, there is no printable job application of JCPenney on the web. You need to visit the website of JCPenney in order to make an online job application. As you make your online job application make sure that you provide your personal information, employment history, education level and references as clear as possible. The more professionally you fill out the form, the more likely you will get hired by the company.
After you submit your online job application, you will receive an email to schedule your interview. JCPenney makes group interviews which are called “talent tryout”. These group interviews are reported to be fun and interesting. If there are not enough applicants to form a group, the interviews are made one-on-one. Some basic questions will be asked to you and then your schedule will be assigned to you, if you get the job. The whole process usually takes only a week. Being manageable, making eye contact, having honesty and a nice smile will improve your chance to get the job during the group interview.
If you have any other questions, you can send an email to