JCPenney is a huge American department store chain that is selling conventional merchandise. JCPenney has over 860 stores in total. About 95,000 employees are working at JCPenney company at present.
JCPenney Job Application Form PDF
Unfortunately, there is no printable job application of JCPenney on the web. You need to visit the website of JCPenney in order to make an online job application. As you make your online job application make sure that you provide your personal information, employment history, education level and references as clear as possible. The more professionally you fill out the form, the more likely you will get hired by the company.
Printable Job Application Form PDF: Not available.
JCPenney How To Apply Online
If you would rather make an online job application, follow these simple steps to submit an online job application form to JCPenney.
- Go to the official career website of JCPenney.
- You can search for jobs by entering keywords, job titles, and/or locations. Or instead, you can choose a job type among Store Hourly/Salaried, Customer Care/Call Center Hourly/Salaried, Distribution/Supply Chain Hourly/Salaried, Salon Professionals, Sephora Inside JCPenney, Corporate, Internships & Trainee Programs, or International Opportunities.
- After you click a link, you will see the list of relevant job openings.
- Look at the job offers on the list. When you find an opening in a location near your home, click the job title to see the job description.
- Read the general description, primary responsibilities, and core competencies & accomplishments.
- Hit the “Click to Apply for this Job” button at the top right corner of the page.
- A similar page will open. Click “Apply for Job”.
- You need to sign in. After you successfully sign in, you will see the online job application form of JCPenney. Fill it out and send it to the company.
JCPenney Job Positions
At JCPenney, there are plenty of part-time and full-time job opportunities for inexperienced employee candidates with a low level of education. These entry-level job positions at JCPenney include:
- Sales Associate
- Stock Associate
- Loss Prevention Associate
- Merchandise Assistant
- Asset Protection Service Associate
- Omnichannel Associate
- Specialty Associate
- Home Commission Associate
With that being said, some management positions are also available at JCPenney stores such as assistant store manager, asset protection manager, fine jewelry supervisor, and store manager.
JCPenney Job Descriptions
It may be a good idea to consider applying for positions at JCPenney. This is especially true if you cannot find a job because you have no degree. Some of the positions at this company do not have any requirements. All you need to do is prove that you are going to be a good Team Member. Here are the titles and their duties of some entry-level jobs at JCPenney.
You can consider applying for the cashier position at JCPenney. As a cashier, you are going to be responsible for checkout standards at the company. This means that you are going to help customers in checking out as well as re-ticketing and returns. Moreover, you will also be responsible for stocking and assisting the customers.
Another position you can apply for at JCPenney company is specialty assistant. In this job, you are going to get in touch with the customers visiting the store and guide them. From time to time, you need to answer their questions and provide information about the products they are planning to buy.
This means that you are going to contribute to the sales growth of the store you are going to work for. You need to show a friendly and positive attitude while working for both positions.
JCPenney is the right choice of company for employment, in order to achieve experience in selling stuff since today’s population is so eager to spend money on clothes, home décor and other things that they like. Therefore, you’ll gain a lot of experience in the retail industry which grows every single day. If you’re looking for a job that will offer to help co-workers and a fair salary, submit an application to JCPenney today!
After you submit your online job application, you will receive an email to schedule your interview. JCPenney makes group interviews which are called “talent tryout”. These group interviews are reported to be fun and interesting. If there are not enough applicants to form a group, the interviews are made one-on-one.
Some basic questions will be asked to you and then your schedule will be assigned to you if you get the job. The whole process usually takes only a week. Being manageable, making eye contact, having honesty and having a nice smile will improve your chance to get the job during the group interview.
JCPenney Employee Benefits
JCPenney employee benefits include:
- a 25% employee discount in the JCPenney store and in-store Sephora locations
- paid vacation
- some medical plans
- 401(k) matching
- sick leave
- flexible schedule
- on-site gym and childcare
- tuition reimbursement
- an employee mentoring program
- mileage reimbursement
Financial benefits include:
- a signing bonus
- bonus pay
- referral program
- stock options
- a yearly bonus.
Note that not all employees are eligible for all of these benefits depending on their job position, employment type, duration of employment, etc. We recommend that you discuss the benefits you will receive during the hiring process with the hiring managers.