Gordon Food Service is an American-based food company that focuses on food distribution. The company was founded by Isaac Van Westenbrugge in 1897 in Wyoming, Michigan. The company has its distribution centers in different locations in the United States including Northeast, Midwest, Southeast, and Southwest regions of the United States including Florida, Indiana, Michigan, Missouri, New York, Texas, Ohio, Tennessee, and Wisconsin, and also in Canada.
The number of employees working at this big company is 19,000 at the present day. In addition, there are 176 Gordon Food Service Stores that are the main supplier for small foodservice operators, families, non-profit organizations, and caterers.
Gordon Food Service Jobs and Careers
Gordon Food Service is known as the 22nd largest company in the whole US among its competitors. The company’s major competitors are Sysco and US Foods, but Gordon Food Service is making out of its way with its dedicated working principle and the courage of its employees. If you want to learn of the reasons behind this success story, you should be a part of this big and hard-working family, then you can see how they compete with their competitors in providing the most profitable and high-quality food service in the US!
How do I apply for a job at Gordon Food Service?
- Go to the official career website of Gordon Food Service.
- You can see the different job positions under the title “Career Areas”.
- To see all of the jobs available, click on the yellow “Search All Jobs” button on the left upper corner of the page.
- A new page will open. You will see the list of jobs available for you to apply for.
- You can also customize your search with the searching toolbar above.
- Click on one of the jobs, if you find any that is suitable for you.
- Read further information about the job description. To proceed, click on the red “Apply Now” button in the upper right corner.
- You have to enter your e-mail to continue. Click on the “Next” button afterward.
- Upload your resume with the help of one of your GoogleDrive, Dropbox, OneDrive or MyComputer accounts. If you don’t have one, you can upload it directly.
- Finalize your application by providing your personal information and clicking on the “Submit” button.
Job Positions: Store associate, fresh merchandiser, delivery driver, produce associate, frozen foods associate, retail team leader, store manager, grocery retail field merchandiser.
Printable Job Application Form PDF: Not available.
Job Positions & Salaries
Store Associate: You will work on the sales floor of your local Gordon Food Service Store. You will be expected to provide superior customer service, putting the customer always in the first place.
Retail Team Leader: You will help complete daily store operations and tasks for the day. You will open and close the store. You will maintain merchandise and be responsible for product rotation, proper food handling, receiving, and ensure product quality.
Prerequisite: 1 year of retail experience. 18 years of age.
Retail Van Delivery Driver: You will be responsible for courteous, on-time, and accurate deliveries of products with a variable daily route. You will be expected to operate the van in a professional and safe manner demonstrating attention to detail and safe work habits. Additional assistance with store operations before or after completion of the route.
Prerequisite: Unrestricted Standard Operators License. A clean driving record. 18 years of age.
Gordon Food Service Job Application Form PDF
There is no printable job application form of Gordon Food Service on the internet. Therefore, you are recommended to visit the employment website of the company and make an online job application. Good luck!